We were really pleased with our apartment which was much better than I had anticipated. It is a short walk from Airlie Beach along an almost flat road to Airlie Beach shops. Henry, Karen and their son were very helpful but they are giving up the business to move to Cairns. On their recommendation, after we had arrived, we walked along to the marina to have a late lunch in the peaceful coffee shop by the harbour which serves excellent food all day.
The apartments look over the marina which we were told has not yet been completed; no doubt there will be more noise some time in the future until it has been finished. Quicksilver are planning to move to the marina when it has been completed so this resort will become popular. The resort prices at the moment are very reasonable compared to the rest of Airlie Beach. We had a small balcony with a good view over the marina and the sea.
Our daughter was able to sleep in the living room on the settee which could be pulled out to make a double bed. I could not find this arrangement anywhere else in Airlie Beach. A lot of the other accommodation in Airlie Beach is up steep hills and the two bedroom apartments were exorbitantly expensive. Just outside the apartment is a small entrance shared by the adjoining apartment, with a washing machine and tumble dryer. No coins were needed and the arrangement we found very helpful. The apartments were the first to be built in that area and are at the bottom of a hill by a roundabout but there is not a lot of traffic.
Airlie Beach seems to have been cleaned up quite a lot since we were there last in 2002; we were told that there are plans to completely redevelop the town. There is a large attractive public swimming pool between one side of the shops and the sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitsunday Vista Resort offers you distinctive apartment style accommodation, located directly across from the Port of Airlie and adjoining Boathaven Bay. Relax and enjoy the Whitsunday Vista of turquise blue waters from your private balcony with uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea and Whitsunday Islands. Whitsunday Vista Resort offers a variety of room types including Bayview Spa Suites, 1 Bedroom Spa Suites, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments, all with breathtaking water views and private balconies. Whitsunday Vista Resort is a pleasant five minute level walk to the centre of Airlie Beach, a bustling seaside resort village with great shopping, restaurants, cafes, bars and famous Airlie Beach swimming lagoon. Whitsunday Vista Resort is an ideal base from which to explore the Whitsundays, with an on site tour desk and convenient bus stop literally on our doorstep. Apartments feature wireless internet, individually controlled air conditioning, ceiling fans, LCD TV, cable TV, direct dial phones, kitchenette and laundry, additionally 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher. Whitsunday Vista Resort features a delightful pool, outdoor heated spa, covered barbecue and entertaining area, undercover parking, lift access to all levels and Whitsunday Spicy Thai Restaurant open for dinner or room service every evening. Whitsunday Vista Resort is your ideal base for a holiday in the Whitsundays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and EasyToBook so you can book your at Whitsunday Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitsunday Vista Hotel Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Vista Airlie Beach
- At Whitsunday Vista Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands