“Refreshing, Relaxing and Rewarding” 5 of 5 stars

+61 404 463 188
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: With our pristine water ways we operate out of too beautiful locations-The calm water ways of Shingley Beach right next next to the picturesque Able point marina and Airlie Beach in the heart of our town center weather permitting.We offer our intro to stand up paddle-SUP-witch will give you an excellent foundation into the worlds fastest growing water sport-We also offer Hire of both SUP and Kayak and sales-All of our instructors have the highest training and safety standards from experience from all over the world-Customized options for families-corporates-businesses-sports clubs etc.
Melbourne, Australia
“Refreshing, Relaxing and Rewarding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great introduction into the world of Stand Up Paddle boarding, cheers Mark.

Being an old school surfer who really can't take the pounding of Neptune's wrath anymore I thought it would be a good idea to have a crack at this SUPing to keep me in shape and out on the water.
I came across Mark's operation on a recent holiday to the Whitsunday Island Group.
It was refreshing to get taught the basics in a fun and relaxing environment from a guy that was the genuine deal and a great steward of the sport. I was surprised at just how quickly I picked up the sport and the distance I traveled. Since my training I have bought a SUP Board and use it for missions, you can take gear with you on the board too which is great, good platform for snorkling missions.

Thanks Mark for all the tuition and not laughing when I stepped off the board backwards and landed in the drink. I'll see you next year!

• Korean first
Olsztyn, Poland
3 attraction reviews
“Mark and the ‘Whitsunday Stand Up Paddle Board’ made my Day in the Whitsundays!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was the most fun I have had in the Whitsundays. I've never been paddle boarding before and I'm not great at water sports. What I thought was going to be a nervous experience turned out to be a great fun!! So no worries Mate! After my very thorough instruction on water safety and SUP board maneuvering, I was off and paddling in the pristine natural beauty of the Whitsundays. It was a perfect day and fantastic location - Shingley Beach, behind Airlie Beach, in the Whitsundays - flat, calm water sheltered from the wind and the current, surrounded by Coral Sea and views of the Whitsunday Wonders! Mark – the ‘Whitsundays Stand Up Paddle Board’s’ instructor - was just great! He taught me every skill needed for SUP. He gave me little tips on how to tailor the board to my ability and catered to my skill level. He was also really down to earth and was very easy to get along with just right from the very first phone call when I booked my session. Therefore I have added Stand Up Paddling to my list of 'must-do' activities in the Whitsundays. I highly recommend this activity to all active explorers and social fun seekers! So when you come to Airlie Beach, and you decide you want to learn how to SUP, see ‘Whitsundays Stand Up Paddle Board’. They are very easy to work with and you can not go wrong by choosing them for SUP lessons. You will walk away with a big smile on your face, and looking for a SUP board of your own like me!
I already know I will be back again one day ☺

“Excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had an excellent at Whitsunday stand up paddle. Mark the owner was awesome, knew his stuff and didnt waste time in your session as some people would.

Honestly had a great afternoon. If I'm in airlie beach again, i would definitely do it again.

australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great fun & relaxing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Always wanted to try Stand Up Paddle boarding & what better place to learn than here in the gorgeous Whitsundays at the beautiful Shingley Beach!!!! Mark, the owner/ operator was fantastic, giving us simple, easy to follow instructions which saw us all getting up and paddling with confidence in no time at all. It was a beautiful way to spend the afternoon. Shingley Beach has shade, lovely grassy areas, toilets, showers and BBQ facilities, so you can really make it a great day with the fun of stand up paddle boarding too! Well done, a fantastic addition to activities on offer in the Whitsundays.

San Francisco, California, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Simply brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have seen a bit of paddle boarding living in San Francisco. It looked hard, but Mark made it easy and fun. After 15 minutes of instructions I was out having a good time and in 2 hours with some more directions I was able to paddle with the most difficult board. Having a pro right in Whitsunday to give you personal instructions is something you don't want to miss.