“PERFECT AGAIN” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 78 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days All day dining Full Table Service Outdoor seating Views Private air conditioned function room Cocktail Bar Homemade pastas Fresh locally caught seafood
Airlie Beach, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PERFECT AGAIN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

As a local I have visited La Tabella many times, in fact I think my husband has a seat with his name on it. Visited on Sunday 29th for a girls lunch and once again was not disappointed. The gnocchi was to die for and the service, as always, I could not fault.............Leni continually improves everything at the restaurant, not sure how, but she does. Thanks for a brilliant, relaxing and enjoyable afternoon. Good luck to Iris who is off to pastures knew, you will be sorely missed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Came here for breakfast yesterday then again today! Baked eggs are the go along with the great coffee! Staff are also fantastic!! Might be back for the third morning in a row tomorrow!

Rockhampton, Australia
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had dinner here and were quite impressed. The table service was friendly and attentive, without being intrusive. The weather was a little cooler than we anticipated, but not to worry. Not only were we offered a table near a heater, A waitress offered my girlfriend a loan of her jacket. An unexpected nice gesture.
The food was great too, excellent pizza and calamari and canoli for dessert. Reasonable value for money in a nice setting, with great service. We would go back.

Airlie Beach, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inconsistent Italian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Airlie Beach's only dedicated Italian Restaurant needs to make some serious improvements in order to retain its clientele. As a local, I look forward to taking advantage of a night out now and again, and given the expensive prices in Airlie, I expect it to be good.

In the interests of a fair review, I have had some excellent experiences at La Tabella in the past; however, my recent experiences have been inconsistent. It is difficult to tell whether your service and food will be outstanding, mediocre, or very poor.

When I dined at La Tabella with a table of friends recently, we suffered one of the worst dining experiences I've had. Minimal attention from the staff, mediocre food, and when I mentioned our concerns about the long wait for our food, the Maitre d' had the audacity to insinuate that it was our - the customers' - fault: "An hour is a normal wait for food," You should have gone inside and told the staff," "I was busy elsewhere," "It's a staff member's last week before she quits," "The staff don't speak good English," "We have a highly transient staff," "I've been in hospitality for twenty-five years," "It's always going to be this way in Airlie Beach," and so on.

The arrogance, bland food, drinks and fake apology were more than anyone should have to deal with.

People in Airlie Beach - tourists or locals - deserve a quality dining experience. La Tabella needs to make much better use of this opportunity.

Pick up your game, Tony. Your guests deserve better.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

A very enjoyable dinner. Staff were outstanding with service and pleasant as well. We felt like friends afterwards. I have a history in the pizza making world so was nitpicking in saying it wasn't the best ever but it certainly was very good. Everyone else in our party had superbly presented dishes and we could have been in any of the best restaurants around the world. Lovely ambience in the al fresco setting. Definitely recommendable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere