a bit tired but clean accomodation. There are "rules" posted about the place telling people to keep the noise down and banning alcohol in the residential areas, but these are ignored almost universally so we did have a bit of a party going on outside our room until the early hours on our first night. So ear-plugs to the rescue and no worries.
This place is cheap, but standards are good. My only real complaint was that the "breakfast kitchen" (there is only one kitchen, but they call it the breakfast kitchen) is shut between 8 and 9:00 am for cleaning ... surely this is the peak breakfast period! We had to wait for it to open on our last morning thus delaying our check-out. The timing it seems suits the cleaner's routines but is in complete disregard to customer needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Whitsundays!!Magnums is a tropical oasis in the middle of the excitement of Airlie Beach. Relax in our beautiful settings or take the short stroll to the famous Airlie Beach Lagoon, Abel Point Marina or Port of Airlie. Magnums is an “over 18 years only” budget holiday retreat in the heart of the beautiful Whitsundays.No need for a cab - Magnums is within walking distance of all the fantastic restaurants, pubs and nightclubs Airlie beach has to offer.Our affordable accommodation styles include dorm rooms, deluxe cabins and private rooms which are all surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens. All of our rooms have air-conditioning and ceiling fans for your comfort. Professionally cleaned linen is provided and our rooms are cleaned daily by our friendly in-house housekeeping team. Magnums’ facilities include a fully equipped shared kitchen and undercover eating area, coin operated washing machines in our laundry, free security deposit service for your security and a free WiFi area, all for your convenience.Our new kitchen/recreation room is now open! We have a 51 inch Plasma TV, games and free Wifi - so it is the perfect indoor entertainment area for your enjoyment. Get some friends together or make some new ones and enjoy a game of volleyball on our sun-filled volleyball court.Want to venture out on a daytrip or an overnight sailing adventure and discover what the Whitsundays has to offer? Magnums has a fully accredited tour desk within our reception area with a large range of tours and activities at very competitive prices. Come and discover Magnums – you will be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Magnums Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magnums Backpackers Hotel Airlie Beach
- Magnums Backpackers Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands