I'm writing my review based on 5 weeks of travel in Australia traveling the east coast. I would say this resort run down and in need of repairs and major up dating. Upon arrival we got our keys by talking to the intercom and opening a safe at the recetion door. There was no parking in the building so I had to park up the street on the hill. Yes the rooms are big, yes the view and location is good. I found the room to be old and dated. I would describe the room as dirty but not dirty in the fact they didn't clean but dirty because everything was so old it can't get any cleaner. It was a windy night when we arrived and the 2 padio doors rattled in the wind and they didn't even lock. I was not impressed with the fact they didn't lock because anyone can easy get from one deck to the other. If you only care about location and can handle staying in a dump this is the place for you. Looking at the resort from the outside I would have guessed it was a run down apartment building where poor locals lived. It didn't look like a resort where people would come and stay for a few days. In the open parking lot there were peoples extra storage, junky cars, construction workers cars that didn't move the whole 3 days we were there, maybe thats why there was no parking for the guest like myself?????
I don't think they have painted the outside of the building in years, broke hand rails going up to the 3rd floor. When you are on holidays you want to feel good about the places you are staying in and this place doesn't make you feel that way at all. This is a 2 star hotel....no way its more than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the heart of Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Terraces Resort offers great value holiday apartments ideal for anyone who wants to soak up the beauty of the Whitsunday Coast.Each of our self contained holiday accommodation Whitsundays have been designed with the perfect seaside break in mind, and feature private balconies with stunning ocean views, kitchenettes and air conditioning. With two outdoor swimming pools overlooking the sea, and a heated spa, all set within tropical gardens, our Airlie Beach holiday apartments features everything you need to relax and recharge.The resort is just two minutes from the centre of town and close to the popular Airlie Beach Lagoon and the beach.Book online now and start planning your tropical seaside getaway today ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Whitsunday Terraces Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitsunday Terraces Hotel Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Terraces Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Terraces Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands