I was a long term resident of Airlie Beach so I was familiar with Terraces when I booked to stay there. We had a function across the road so Terraces was convenient. The manager gave me a good rate and was considerate enough to put me on the lower block close to the function I was attending. Even though it was the lowest block, the view was still beautiful. I had a one bedroom apartment with 2 singles in the lounge area. Firstly, the linen was all very clean, the lounge suite, TV and dining setting all looked newish and in good condition. The floors were clean and the cleaners had obviously done the best they could. However, the bathroom was in very bad shape and the walls had a lot of paint coming away. There was dirt all over the ceiling and the kitchen was in desperate need of refurbishing. BUT, the shower was fabulous - great pressure and lots of hot water and the microwave and fridge were in good working order. There were plenty of utensils and reception was also kind enough to lend us an Iphone charger when we discovered we had left ours behind. BUT, the rubbish truck at 6am was a nuisance (not Terraces fault obviously) and the chap with the leafblower at 5am - same thing....grrrrr.....
Also, the young receptionist needs to be aware of what she can and can't do. I had to urgently send a fax or email which she said she could do (and it also states in the compendium that these services are available). However, once I was down there, the fax was not working, there was no scanner and the receptionist told me to 'just go down the street and ask in a shop'. Great.
The only other complaint is that confounded hill. It is steep and high and tiring. I got to the point where I would get everything in one go to avoid tackling the hill again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the heart of Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Terraces Resort offers great value holiday apartments ideal for anyone who wants to soak up the beauty of the Whitsunday Coast.Each of our self contained holiday accommodation Whitsundays have been designed with the perfect seaside break in mind, and feature private balconies with stunning ocean views, kitchenettes and air conditioning. With two outdoor swimming pools overlooking the sea, and a heated spa, all set within tropical gardens, our Airlie Beach holiday apartments features everything you need to relax and recharge.The resort is just two minutes from the centre of town and close to the popular Airlie Beach Lagoon and the beach.Book online now and start planning your tropical seaside getaway today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and EasyToBook so you can book your Whitsunday Terraces Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitsunday Terraces Hotel Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Terraces Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Terraces Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands