There is good and bad here. The size of the rooms might qualify it for 4 star status, but not when the rooms haven't been renovated in over 30 years. To be fair, the view is amazing (even though the weather was terribly unkind to us), the pool looks nice and modern and we could get the free wi fi in our room, but the apartment itself (11A) was pretty terrible. Size-wise it is great but there was mould on the bathroom ceiling, broken light fittings, the sliding bathroom door had lost its runner so the whole thing swung inwards when you touched it, the fan in the main bedroom was unbalanced and so noisy it was unusable, there was a massive chunk out of the wall near the kids beds, the light in the fridge didn't work, the curtains were stained, loose wires were left protruding from the ceiling fan where a light fitting used to be. Those tiny ants were a constant problem and then we had a cockroach visit on the last night. Kids reported lots of bugs in the spa too. Based on past reviews, where the manager had pleaded to be advised of such things, I reported all of this to reception and not one thing was rectified during our 4 night stay. I asked whether there was an apartment in better condition and was told that no, they are pretty much all the same, and their sad state is due to them all being owned individually and the (tight) owners don't want to spend any money fixing them up. The kitchen was pretty sad.. wouldn't want to be relying on cooking a full meal on the electric hotplate - it took 25 minutes just to fry an egg and some bacon! There was just a space where the oven used to be. Lastly we had paid an extra $252 to have a 2BR apartment and our package was supposed to include bubbly on arrival. Neither of these was forthcoming and when I couldn't produce my proof of payment for the room upgrade I was told I would have to pay again and then argue it out with the manager when she returned from holidays. I declined to do this, and was eventually refunded the money when I returned home and located my receipt, but still not good enough. Would stay here again but only if the rooms are renovated and pest treated. If you can get this place cheaply, it is worth it for the view and location, but don't pay 4 star or even 3.5 star prices!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the heart of Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Terraces Resort offers great value holiday apartments ideal for anyone who wants to soak up the beauty of the Whitsunday Coast.Each of our self contained holiday accommodation Whitsundays have been designed with the perfect seaside break in mind, and feature private balconies with stunning ocean views, kitchenettes and air conditioning. With two outdoor swimming pools overlooking the sea, and a heated spa, all set within tropical gardens, our Airlie Beach holiday apartments features everything you need to relax and recharge.The resort is just two minutes from the centre of town and close to the popular Airlie Beach Lagoon and the beach.Book online now and start planning your tropical seaside getaway today ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Whitsunday Terraces Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitsunday Terraces Hotel Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Terraces Airlie Beach
- Whitsunday Terraces Resort Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands