“Wonderful choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Martinique Whitsunday Resort

You added Martinique Whitsunday Resort to your Saves list
Martinique Whitsunday Resort
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   18 Golden Orchid Dr., Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802, Australia   |
Grenoble, France
“Wonderful choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel has everything - a stunning view, an infinity pool, rooms that are appointments and every facility you need. On top of that, the service is excellent and always comes with a smile.
We were upgraded and found ourselves with an extra room instead of a sofa couch and our stay was a memorable experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Trudy C, Owner at Martinique Whitsunday Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear John
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
Glad we could upgrade you and you enjoyed your stay!
Trudy & Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I am an Australian currently working in China and recently helped organise a trip to Australia for five Chinese managers from our company.
I recommended that they have a look at Airlie Beach, they agreed, however, due to the delay in organising the trip I struggled to find five rooms - for 3 nights - in any of the Airlie hotels on the accomodation websites.
I took a long shot and telephoned the Martinique Whitsunday Resort and was greeted by a cheerful lady named Trudy (manager), she shuffled a few rooms around and managed to come up with five rooms for an excellent rate. I immediately confirmed the booking, I didn't need to look any further.

What a gem Trudy turned out to be! I remained in China whilst they visited Australia and you can imagine the dificulty for me trying to make sure that their itinerary ran smoothly......however, after explaining the situation to Trudy over a few calls, I knew that they were in good hands!
Trudy looked after everything for the guests, she took their flight details, organised all transport from the Proserpine Airport to Airlie (and return) and looked after all of their tours over the three days. They were amazed at how helpful and cheerful Trudy was and bought her a gift before they left. She really started the visit off well for them, and they all talk of going back one day.
Australia used to have many people like Trudy in the tourist industry, sadly however, they are becoming few and far between. It is a great pitty.
Thank you Trudy!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hi Dennis
OMG, thank you so much for your review, you really are too kind! It was an absolutely pleasure dealing with you and having your associates stay here. I'm glad you made the call to us too!
I loved my gift too and have it proudly sitting in my office.
The guests always came back with a smile on their faces after their tours so I know they had a good time.
We want to visit China one day and will certainly pay a visit to you when we do.
Take care.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

You don't need to be on the beach in Airlie Beach as you are likely in this town as a jump off for visiting the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. The Martinique is right up the hill from town and presents terrific views of the water and islands. The view and the splendid infinity pool are really the highlights as the room was spacious and comfortable, but nothing fancy. The hot tub was a bit tepid, but it was 80 F at 5pm so it really didn't matter.

The steep walk into town takes 5-7 minutes. Going down is a joy. Going up allows you to burn off some calories you likely consumed in town at all the bars and restaurants.

The front desk is very helpful and will assist in booking any activities you may desire while in the area.

If you are staying for just a few days it's probably more economical to rent a car as opposed to taking the shuttle from the airport. I believe there is free parking at the hotel, and you could then drive into town - and avoid the climb up if you are not in shape.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a view, but Higher floors offer the best views, and that's important here...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hi Mark
Your comments are appreciated, thank you.
Yes the pool and view are certainly highlights of this hotel and agree with you on the hill!
Thanks again!
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

What a gem this place was! After a previous bad experience at a different hotel we asked to view the room before paying! Trudy on reception was more than happy for us to have a look and we really didn't need to! Room 10 comers highly recommended and we could not have been happier here. Sadly we only had two nights due to our tight schedule but we just loved this place. Super clean, very comfortable bed indeed, spacious and very relaxed atmosphere. Saw very few other guests despite being full! The infinity pool and hot tub were AMAZING! I had read about the walk up the hill but don't let this put you off! It's really not that bad and I don't class myself as any fitness freak! It maybe tricky if you have difficulty walking that would be all. Although a taxi from town will only cost about 5dollars so again still very worth coming here. Great location, lovely helpful and friendly staff, would come back tomorrow! The only tip I would suggest is to have a safe available in the rooms. This is not because I felt unsafe-quite the opposite just that when travelling I feel happier locking passports and valuables away safely. Still scores top marks as we loved it so much! Our favourite place on our 16 night trip! Thank you!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Trudy C, Owner at Martinique Whitsunday Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! I too like having a look at rooms before I check in because I have been caught out as well previously. Knew you would like it though!
I will look into having safes placed in the apartments.
Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Verwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a fabulous time at the Martinique. Our room had a fantastic view over the pool and Airlie Beach. The staff were so helpful in every way, and booked our wonderful trip to Whitehaven Bay. Very close to all amenities.

Hi Marion
Thanks for your comments and glad you had a nice stay!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here unplanned for two nights after experiencing problems at another hotel. We selected it based on its Tripadvisor ratings and were not disappointed. The apartment was lovely and spotlessly clean. The views were fantastic, and we loved the infinity pool and hot tub. Fantastic place, friendly owners, we didn't want to leave.

Dear Guest
Thanks for your comments! Muchly appreciated and I will pass on your comments to the cleaners as they work sooooo hard to keep the standard as high as possible.
One of the perks of running this place is I get to swim in that beautiful infinity pool too!
Take care
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon and the owners and manager are absolutely lovely, personable and friendly.
The rooms are fantastic with views overlooking the islands and the pool is so nice on a hot muggy day.
We would have no trouble booking our stay here again next time we are in airlie.

• Stayed March 2014
Hi Sarah
Thanks for your lovely comments and glad you had a wonderful honeymoon!
All the very best for your future!
Trudy & Michael

Been to Martinique Whitsunday Resort? Share your experiences!