“Inconsistent customer service” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inconsistent customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Had a great night and beautiful food

Went back to try lunch menu
Yes ....we went in at 2 pm but for a new business I don't think u should be brushing customers away ,and especially when there were 2 tables of people still there for the next 45 min ( as we had to eat at coffee club)
You couldn't even offer us one of your Turkish coffees that we enjoy

Pick up your customer service skills as i do believe that the waitress has really negative vibe and that is what is driving the locals away.

Chamahbr, Owner at Cha'mah, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I would like to apologize to you as I remember exactly who you are and mentioned to my colleague/mother that same day that I would have sat you if I had realized that the other tables would be that long (I honestly thought they were about to leave), unfortunately I had to get away early and that is why I turned you away. Again I apologize if I came of rude as that was not my definitely not my intention. Hopefully we will see you again soon for a better experience.

Kind regards
Courtney

Melbourne, Australia
“Rude Waitress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The food was pretty good. We had the fish cakes, the sausages and the beef. The goat had been removed from the menu. My gripe was with the glass of red wine I had. The wine was the most expensive on the menu at $9.50 per glass, but it wasn't very nice. You know when you get the last glass of red wine from a bottle, after it has been sitting in the bottle for a few days? It's goes off and tastes a bit like the dregs from the bottle of the barell. Well that's what I got. I mentioned this to the tattooed waitress in the hot pants, and she had a go at me as if it was my fault that the wine was off. Overall I was pretty happy with the food, but I won't go back because of the experience I had, basically the service was lousy.

• Visited December 2012
Mackay, Australia
“Superb dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Four of us shared two entrees, three mains and two sweets.All absolutely beautiful! The decor and atmosphere were fabulous and our waiter (lovely young woman who owns the restaurant with her mum) was exceptionally attentive, making suggestions re food and drink that were spot-on for us. The Lamb Tagine, Moroccan sausages with spicy butter bean mash and roast vegetable salad were superb, and the sweets - out of this world! Very reasonably priced, truly a superb dining experience. We can't wait to return!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mooloolaba, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have eaten there 4 times now and have always found the meals delicious and unusual, tonight we had camel in the most delicious sauce with cinnamon, star anise and orange. The tasting plate at lunch time gives a great variety of delicious food, at a comparable price to the completion's chicken salad.Why would you eat anywhere else??Can only think that the bad review here was written by another restaurant owner who felt threatened, because it is so far from the truth, don't believe a word of it!!
They also make the best cocktails!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gold Coast Qld
“A Pleasant Place to Eat...downtown at last!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a Moroccan INSPIRED restaurant,it's not entirely Moroccan! However the foods good.Cooked well and tasted great, deliciouse in fact.I found the service pleasant, it was nice to be served by someone who looked clean & tidy!!! It was friendly for a change in Airlie, unlike the sailing club staff. I loved the decor, different, in a beachy place.The price wasn't too bad ($100ish with a bottle of wine incl)considering the prices that are being charged in most of the eatery outlets, in this dirty teenage back packer town. I hope it does well and that the locals as well as the tourists eat here.Better advertising of this restaurant would be an advantage to them, as there were a few people I told that would never have found it otherwise.i.e. a sign coming down the main drag's a good idea!!!!!We ate outside as it was enticing,fresh air and a balmy night.Although I'd imagine a winter's dine in here would be lovely.Good One!

• Visited October 2012