“Once in a lifetime experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: GSL Aviation is your best value fixed wing operator in Airlie Beach. We offer a range of scenic flights over the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef. GSL Aviation also offer island transfers and air charter. Our flights operate 7 days a week, with a courtesy bus available to/from hotels and town centre.
Sydney, Australia
23 attraction reviews
“Once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We took the outer reef flight and Ocean Rafting boat day trip package and were not disappointed! I was a little anxious about flying in a small aircraft for the first time but was seated in the cockpit with our pilot Reece whose professionalism and regular updates put me at ease - I wanted to fly again when we landed! It was incredible seeing Whitehaven Beach at low-tide and the Heart Reef in particular but the scenery throughout the flight is stunning, an amazing once in a lifetime experience.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Magnificent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our thanks to Dan and GSL Aviation. It was truly a magnificent experience and can not recommend these guys highly enough. The trip was breathtaking and really a once in a lifetime experience. As a nervous flyer Dan's constant updates and advice as to what to expect throughout the flight was of great comfort. Thank you GSL, we are real fans and it made our honeymoon. (Flight 24/5/14 - one hour scenic)

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent Scenic Flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We took the one hour Reef Island Flight Tour knowing it was quite a lot of money (although nearly $100 per person less than the alternative flight we were looking at) but thinking we probably won't come back here again, so what the heck. It was money well spent! The pilot was attentive, informative and gave really good tips about when and where to take photos from. We flew up and down Whitehaven beach so both sides of the plane could get good views, and did the same over Heart Reef as well.

We smiled all the time during this trip, I would definitely recommend this tour!

Peregian Beach, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Well Worth the Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Hubby and I had a day trip planned while Nana babysat for us. We decided to pay the extra money and do a Scenic Flight and Ocean Rafting day package.
Our day started with a 1 hour flight through and past the islands, then out to Reefworld, past Hearty Reef (Twice thank you) then down to Whitehaven Beach, back past Hamilton Island.
Our pilot was fantastic, very informative. We even flew through a Full Circle Rainbow which was amazing.
Very organised, friendly staff.
Thank you for a wonderful morning.

“gsl aviation experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We 've been for an hour tour, cost 200 aud per person.
The trip was good, view from the plane was amazing, the plane was almost comfortable...
But, why does the company allow 1 year old baby on board?
How a 1 year old baby is supposed to enjoy a flight like this?
Obviously the poor little guy cried and vomit from the beginning to the end of the journey...
I was lucky, I just had to stand the vomit smells in the cockpit and some part on my watch..but the poor passenger next to the baby and it mum has to clean the vomit on its arm...
When I asked the pilot why does the company allow such a thing, he told me it is normal to do so...
The result; 8 passengers standing the vomit smell during all the trip, 2 passengers swiping the vomit, and a baby who will never remember anything of this journey...
I am still wondering if the mum had time to enjoy the journey, and still trying to understand why the father was comfortably seat next to the pilote while his young boy was sick and bothering everyone...
I hope GSL aviation can consider my comment, as an average customer I expect a better service when I am paying 200 AUD for an hour plane trip.
Thanks