“Amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My friends and i visited here several times in 2012, and found it to be the perfect spot for lunch and dinner, or to just sit with a glass of vino and enjoy the gorgeous view. Best food in the whitsundays, must try the squid salad.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Nice and quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very tasty food delivered in quick time. Great place to go if you are looking for an informal dining experience. Pizzas are very tasty and you the tapas is a good chance to mix and match.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The best in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is probably the best restaurant in town... The best measure of this is the local eat there..... Great Pizza

Visited January 2013
“Love,love, love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The pizzas are devine and the coffee is the best in town! Do yourself a huge favour and make sure you go there for breakfast and dinner. Definately my favourite restaurant in Airlie! A bonus is the awesome views and the friendly and helpful staff!

Auckland Central, New Zealand
“Fantastic and innovative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have been going to Mr Bones almost since it opened as we have an apartment in Airlie and have eaten there many times. Owners, Mark and Kim have setup a wonderful bistro style restaurant that I strongly recommend. Every meal we have had there has been fantastic and many are simply innovative, as can be seen by their signature dessert, the Dessert Hamburger. This uses a dougnut(bun) with Chocolate ganache(meat), passionfruit jelly(cheese), custard "chips" and a raspberry couli(tomato sauce) and is very clever and yum.
You can choose a Tapas style meal or more traditional entree and main together with Pizza options. I always love the Tapas style as they change their menu options very regularly as they trial new dishes. Try the Eggplant chips or the Coffin Bay Oysters with vietnamese frozen Granita when they are available. The only negative I have ever heard from a friend was they found the pizza poor value for money(not as many toppings) compared to other venues in town, however Mr Bones makes their Pizzas in a traditional Italian style and use simple quality ingredients to be the hero and a thin, crusty base. We had visited Italy twice in 2012 and found Mr Bones' Pizzas to be the closest to what we had in Positano and Riva del Garda during our overseas trips.
I have also been impressed by Mr Bones willingness to try new ideas as I found when I mentioned a french style egg dish I had in Queenstown, NZ and when we returned the next day for lunch he had created it based on my description and research he had done on the internet overnight.
I am usually not this detailed in my comments or as "oozing" with compliments as I have no connection with Mr Bones other than I like to see a young innovative couple start a great little bistro and enjoy what they are doing!

• Visited December 2012