“Just dreadful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar

Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar
366 Shute habour road | Close to the New Woolworths, Central Airlie Beach, Free Parking, Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802, Australia
+61 7 4946 5745
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Diner, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar is located in the main street of Airlie Beach. We are set back slightly from the main street which provides you with a quiet, comfortable and at dinner romantic venue, Located in front of the main walkway to Airlie Central, home to the most subtle Woolworths store in Australia. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, (Kitchen operates 7:30am to 9:30pm daily). Fully licensed .... A wonderful place to sit, relax and enjoy wonderful food, great service and good music. Known for the best Coffee in the Whitsundays and home to the unique "Hot Rock" dinning experience, the highest quality steaks and the best ever seafood. Come for breakfast, back for lunch and again for dinner...... It's the best! & We also offer Icy Rocks, frozen Volcanic Rock serving Boutique Ice Cream ... Yummy.... This is as good as it gets! Live music Sunday evenings. Come and enjoy our brand new modern Al fresco deck.
Melbourne, Australia
“Just dreadful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I tend to expect to pay a little more for things while on holidays, but a poorly cooked breakfast when there is no-one else in the place, terrible coffee and charging $4 extra for a tiny amount of bacon (plus the fact I had 3 ingrediants removed because I was allergic to them) is just rubbish. If you can't do a breakfast, I'd hate to see what the 'volcanic' experience is like. Avoid.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Village_Cafe_Rest, Owner at Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Stands Out From the Crowd!

Hi there, Impy devil .... we recall clearly your visit, as yes, we were very quite that morning after the tail end of the cyclone we also recall the uniqueness of your order. You ordered our long time favourite the Spanish Omelette and proceeded to take four of its ingredients out and added TWO more rashers of bacon making 4 rashers in one single omelette serve.....

You would have seen on the menu MYO (Make Your Own) most customers prefer this approach by starting with a base product and adding not the other way around. Each of our meals be it breakfast, lunch or dinner are individually designed, tested and offered for sale consisting of what we and our customers deem the most appropriate ingredients to bring our the best flavours etc.

It is impossible for us as restauranteurs to "tell" customers what they should and should not eat, we can however recommend and the most subtle way to do that is to offer a menu which consists of popular, tasty affordable food which we do!

When customers insist on subtracting and adding, we of course oblige and feel it is NOT our place to make comments on individual preferences. At times these prove popular, at other times like this you are disappointed with your final selection of ingredients. I can assure you our food is prepared with care and passion be it a menu item of a self designed dish.

Coffee - I believe this site speaks for itself, did you add or takeaway from this? We are the largest seller of coffee in the entire region, number one on Bean Counter web site etc!

You refer to the "volcanic" experience that you would hate to see what it is like, I assume here you are referring to our unique Hot Rock dining? If in deed that is the case, I would suggest you avoid this one as it consists of Tasmanian finest meats, butchered and served to you with fine fresh ingredients, not much you can take away from this one .... just pure good food and great fun as well.

Being in the food industry for many years I fully understand the issues of allergies, eating habits and restrictions etc, whilst it is not for me to tell you I would suggest avoiding meals where you need to remove 55% of the contend unless you are prepared to take a risk on what you get. We accommodate for most food types with proven recipes in many food groups.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Australia
“Excellent meals, friendly atmosphere, great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was our 4th visit and we love the food so much we just keep going back. The price is great and the meals are huge. Staff are very friendly and always make us feel welcome. Restraurant is located just off the main road so you can enjoy your meal in a quiet outdoor setting. I would highly recommend these meals. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Village_Cafe_Rest, Owner at Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Rob and Robyn, thank you for calling me ..... it was great to finally meet you ... it is wonderful for us to have a loyal customers such as yourselves. It was also very nice to finally meet with you and we very much look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Airlie. Please give me a call or a text. Thank you! Lawrence and the crew..
“Best coffee in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Great place to sit down and relax! Awesome friendly staff, who often remember people's favourite orders!
Food is delicious too!... You gotta try the sizzling garlic prawns, they are to die for!
Definitely the best coffee in Airlie Beach.

Jeremy, thank you for your write up, we like to think we make the best coffee, thanks for your vote! The sizziling garlic prawns are our signature entree (lunch snack) another vote. Thanks!
Mission Beach, Australia
“what a funky place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

i was walkn roung and saw this funky restarunt cafe so me and my mates went up to check it out turns out its the best place in airlie by all accounts!! sweet food the owner or manager dude was... he was awsome ! made us feel really welcome :) and his wife i thnk was so nice as well defnitly reccoumend to everyone :) see ya soon village restraunt team :)

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Village_Cafe_Rest, Owner at Village Cafe Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Jimmy, like what da! thats soo cool man .... (did I get that right)? Hey glad you like it, loved the jokes we shared! See you back here in April!:) Lawrence
Johannesburg, Michigan
“Great coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My friends and I came here whilst we were on holidays. It has lovely coffee and tasty cakes. I had the peanut butter and chocolate slice - it was amazing, really delicious especially warmed up! I am very particular with my coffee, as i am an avid coffee drinke, so I also had a cappucino 1/2 strength, and 1/2 a sugar, extra hot. It was perfect! i had quite a few because they were utterly amazing! It had a great atmosphere, friendly staff that were very professional and helpful. The value was excellent for the product of food and drinks that were served. Please come here, it is FABULOUS!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clarice, Thats us amongst other things we have the best Coffee in Queensland if not Australia!!!! Made the way YOU like it .... Thanks