“Better suited to the younger market I think” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 78 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
“Better suited to the younger market I think”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

A cheap and simple meal which was enjoyable... Just a bit too much cheese for our liking. We went on chili night and the place was packed so no outside table service. Clearly more suited to the young backpacker market but we didn't mind, we enjoyed our meal.

Visited February 2014

“Chocolate Nachos? yes please!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Staff are very friendly. service is quick and reasonably priced n the food is delicious. Happy hour every day from 5-7pm which was good for cocktails. On our weeks stay in Airlie, we went to Cactus Jack's twice for dinner. The Chocolate Nachos for Dessert were amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“GO HERE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Walking back to our resort to have lunch, we found Cactus Jacks. The kids convinced us to stop in. 2 adults 6 kids 18yrs-12yrs.
WOW is all I can say. We love love loved the food and the service. Best Nachos I have had in my life, my family swears by the Just Grazin, and the SOB also. We went back for dinner on Chilli Tuesday also.
This place is a must try for all Mexican food lovers.
Nom nom nom!

Visited January 2014
Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia
“Prob wouldn't go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have lived in Airlie for some time now and always thought that this restaurant was alright, but after this last visit I wont be returning. Pretty hard to even get served in this place, wait staff always seem to have more important things to do then their job. When we finally did get served it was by a girl named Ami. I ordered a burger and asked if it had mayo on it, and if it did can I please have it without Mayo as I am allergic to eggs. I was told that it doesn't have mayo only guacamole. Of course when it came out it was covered in mayo. I took it back to get a replacement as I could not eat it. What I got back was the same burger with the chicken breast cut in half and the top half that had the mayo on it thrown away. There was still mayo on the lettuce and remaining burger. Pretty poor response. After our meals where done we flagged down a girl named Tara and asked if she could clear our table and remove all the plates/drinks we were finished with- she told us that she would be right back to do it. The dirty plates/empty drinks stayed there until we left. Then when we did leave, after waiting a long time in line to pay the bill, we got it and there was extra things on the bill. We asked why the extra things were on there and it turned out that a few people that had taken our table when we left had ordered, and it showed up on our bill. When we told the lady this, she said that there was nothing she could do as it was all the same table number. We ended up having to go get the cash from the guys that had sat down on our table and paid the bill on our card. Very disappointed

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Townsville, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We ate at cactus Airlie beach 2 nights ago. Had 3 teenagers with my husband and I. We are from Tville and have eaten at cactus for the last 20 years. This was the worst ever. Was told we would have to wait for a table. Fair enough. The girl at the door asked if we were sitting in or out. I said once we found a spot i would her know. No buzzers like T'ville cactus! We sat inside. I then asked the girl at the door if we could order starters as kids were hungry. She said we had to move outside so we did! Then i walked back in to order and she said she could not take put order or a waitress but i would have to order from front desk. So i waited there with everyone paying for their meals. When i got to finally order she told me i would have to pay and couldn't order like a regular table and pay at the end. So i had to walk back and grab my husband's credit card as i did not bring money. Then when i got back to the front counter she had other people she was serving. I waited more. Then i went to use the pin on the card and she told me it had to be signed. I was annoyed by then and said my husband was outside with the kids. I asked her if we could pay at end or was there options and she said only to hand over credit card and run a bar tab! We sat and looked at the numerous amount of vacant tables and booths. My husband along with several other customers asked why they were vacant and we hadn't been seated. And she said that she was only one serving and she was busy! Although the 3 bar staff were standing around? 2 starters came. One potato skins with no topping apart from cheese. And nachos with about 3 corn chips. At least we could use the nacho topping on the skins! Half way through eating the girl came to tell us our table was ready. We all had drinks and our meals. There was no offer to help carry anything to our table! The main was average. Overcooked chicken crispers an fajitas which looked like a half serve. Very disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere