“This was the worst meal I have ever eaten” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shipwrecked Seafood and Bar

Shipwrecked Seafood and Bar
Roundabout Building | Cnr Shute Harbour Rd & The Esplanade, Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802, Australia
07 4946 6713
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 78 Restaurants in Airlie Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“This was the worst meal I have ever eaten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We ordered oysters kilpatrick with a twist which were ok. A little bit watery but the killer was the garlic prawns I ordered and the garlic chilli bugs my partner ordered. My prawns consisted of a bowl full of butter with 4 prawns in it and half a baguette to 'mop up the juices'. The juices were literally a bowl of butter with a tiny bit of garlic in the bottom. It was disgusting. My partner's was disgusting as well but at least he had a total of 3 tiny bugs in his bowl of butter. The sparkling wine I ordered was very tasty but everything else was horrible. Wait staff were also sour faced and lacked customer service skills. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
smuts22, Manager at Shipwrecked Seafood and Bar, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Both the garlic prawns & bugs are entrees, not main meals. Not surprisingly they are entree size. They are served sizzling in extra virgin olive oil and a teaspoon of butter in cast iron pots with fresh minced garlic or chilli and some crusty lightly grilled bread to mop up the juices, as stated on the menu.

San Francisco, California
“Good food, varied menu, good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a table in the outside dining area overlooking the park coincidently on the evening of a fabulous fireworks show! We had a good meal and the best view for the show! We would go back even without the fireworks :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food,great views!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me for dinner here for my birthday & we loved it...we shared 2 different prawn entrees that were amazing & then we both got the surf & turf so that we could get the best of both worlds,I have never had a surf & turf like this before most restaurants just give you a couple of prawns on top at ship wrecked you receive prawns,calamari,fish & a scallop on top of your steak which was also cooked perfectly...we were both really impressed with everything & the service was fantastic & all staff were very friendly...we were seated outside on the balcony overlooking the water where there was a beautiful sea breeze,I couldn't have asked for a better place to have my birthday dinner...
We will definitely return here for a meal next time we are in airlie beach...

Visited August 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Great Location and decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had dinner twice at Shipwrecked and had an enjoyable dinner both nights. The pot pie was so good, we came back another night so we could both enjoy it again. The fish of the day special was great, plenty of flavour. We found the prices were in line with similar restaurants. Great location overlooking the park and harbour with a nice relaxed atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very disappointed, we believed the reviews shown on the downstairs wall and can only guess these were from sometime ago. Things ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was in the party of seven mentioned in the review previously and the waitress was most definitely asked to request the chef come to our table to discuss the poor quality of two of the dishes. She returned and advised that what I say goes. I have never written a review before but felt I needed to as the response to the previous reviewer was misleading.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere