“Romantic Dinner” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Shipwrecked Seafood and Bar

Shipwrecked Seafood and Bar
Roundabout Building | Cnr Shute Harbour Rd & The Esplanade, Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802, Australia
07 4946 6713
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Mackay, Australia
“Romantic Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a nice dinner. It started nice, with the chilli kilpatrick oysters. Even though there was some shell grit in them. It then took a turn for the worse. I had the mussels in a tomato sauce, they were rubbery & the sauce wasn't that great. My partner had the barramundi with cous cous, he said it was nice, but not the best. A little disappointing given its great location & potential. Just a heads up, it doesn't seem to have air con, which was fine for us but I could imagine it wouldn't be that nice in the middle of summer.

Visited April 2013

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“One of the best in this area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I strongly recommend this restaurant. I've been twice during my stay in Airlie Beach. The food is lovely and at the same time you'll be able to enjoy its amazing views. Good relation quality-price and nice staff. One of their waiters, Fox, made the difference with her lovely service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Margaritas made by the Foxxy Lady!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Just visiting for two sun filled days in Airlie Beach I was unfortunately disappointed with the weather as it rained the whole time. A taxi driver recommended this place as family friendly and good food. Having enjoyed the warm welcome and the spacious dining space based on a nautical theme I was pleasantly surprised and entertained by my waitress Fox. She makes an awesome Margarita and is a delight to talk too. The food was great. Must recommend the Ginger and Wasabi Oysters and the bugs. Safe travels and for all those none believers it may not be five star but it was definitely a good place to eat and I'm happy to pay for decent food. Go there with an open mind you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just off of a 2-day cruise in the Whitsundays, my husband and I picked "Shipwrecked" for dinner based on the ad in the little booklet we got at our hotel (Coral Sea). We walked about 15 minutes from the resort to the restaurant (in a fine mist) and found the restaurant on an upper level overlooking the beach. The theme is very nautical (which we love) - and even the water bottle was shaped like a fish. I ordered the seafood pot pie and it was rich and creamy and garlicky and filled with chunks of prawn, fish and calamari. It was served with a side salad and a piece of bread. Delicious and perfectly cooked. My husband ordered the trout and even though the lovely waitress warned that the spices had a bit of a kick, he found that the spices overwhelmed the fish. He ate it all, but didn't love it. I had the Tsunami Cosmo and it was delicious. We both ordered dessert (caramel cheesecake - nice, creamy, but not a lot of flavor and apple crumble - which disappeared!)

The service was good, and our primary waitress was attentive and helpful. Overall - a solid B+.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coolum Beach, Australia
“Fun night.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great atmosphere, great staff, great music. Main meal was a disappointment as we ordered the $80 crayfish mornay for 2 and it was the smallest crayfish we had ever seen. So much so that we ordered another mains. Other than that we had a great night!!!! Spent over $200 on food and wine so I would say that they did well from us.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere