“Clean, nice and in the centro of town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whitsunday on the Beach

You added Whitsunday on the Beach to your Saves list
Whitsunday on the Beach
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   269 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Queensland 4802, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Airlie Beach
Milan, Italy
“Clean, nice and in the centro of town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We got there by chance since we were looping for a room for one night coming back from a sailing trip. Sally and her husband were extremely nice and helpful, they had left a cheap and small room, perfect for a couple. The room was clean and had all the things you need: hot shower, comfortable bed and a boiler for coffee in the morning.
The owners help us in finding the transfer for the airport, such a nice couple!
Highly recommended in Airlie beach!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mooloolaba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Great spot adjacent to the Galoon (that's what my 7 year old calls Airlie Lagoon) - I've been visiting AB for 20+ years, usually staying at Summit Apts Flametree when with the family, this trip just me & a buddy stopping briefly overnight b4 heading out to the islands. Great staff, excellent location, handy for all shops, bars, pharmacy etc. If you're staying a while don't do your shopping in AB - get on a bus & head for Cannonvale shops - much cheaper. WOTB is a great short or longer stay, top end of backpacker prices, but u get what u pay for here & for all the right reasons - helpful & friendly staff add to the easygoing vibe. May be a little too central & young crowd for some esp on Friday & Sat nites, but guests here ranged from early 20's to mid-60's, so depends on your outlook I guess. I'd definitely stay here again if solo but if bringing missus & sprogs would rather book into Summit Apts. Otherwise I can't fault WOTB. All good.

• Stayed August 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I really enjoyed staying there. It is located right in the center of Airlie beach with lots of bars and restaurants around it. However, was not noisy in my room. There is a gate at the back of the motel, which leads to a path to the beach.

The room was clean and comfortable. WiFi worked well. The kitchen had all the necessary dishes, but you have to wash them yourself, otherwise there is an extra charge. The only problem that I had was that my room didn't have a table or chairs. But there was a small table right outside the room, and it was possible to take it into the room.

The lobby closes pretty early. If you plan to arrive late, make sure to let the management know and they will send you instructions for late check-in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Yeppoon, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I hadnt been to Airlie Beach before and neither had my travelling friend, so when looking for a hotel online we werent sure on any of them. We chose Whitsundays on the Beach because of the price and location. The photos that I had found on all the travel sites did not do it justice!! This little place is in the best location with excellent views. The rooms were big but apparently you can get even bigger! The rooms have a kitchenette too which I would have used if I had stayed longer. We drove to Airlie and this motel has secure parking too. The staff were all super friendly. If you are a light sleeper though, I wouldnt suggest this place. I slept fine but my friend could hear the music from the bars which are very close by. Everything is extremely close, shopping, bars, restaurants, parks, the lagoon, Shute Harbour and of course the islands. I really really loved this place and I will be heading back for sure.

Room Tip: When i go back, Im going to ask for a corner room over looking the lagoon. I paid $10 extra for a ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed for one night after our sailing trip around the whitsundays. We were allowed to check in earlier than stated and The lady who checked us in was very helpful and hospitable. She showed us to our room advised us about the gate that closed in the evenings, (made you feel very secure) how we can gain access and the facilities the room had. The room was very clean and no unwanted visitors unlike what we encountered three nights earlier at a four times more expensive hotel. The reception area is filled with information on tours and sailing trips and they are more than happy to help should you wish to book a tour.(Whitsunday blue is awesome) You are next to the communal pool which is fantastic and you are on the main stretch of airlie Beach. There is a pub/nightclub directly opposite whitsundays on the beach but the night we were staying it was not open so I can't comment on the noise but it may be worth requesting a room that was closer to the pool rather than the main road. Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: A quiet nights sleep - ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This was a great stay - very reasonably priced accommodations - great location and facilities.... staff was very helpful an friendly..one woman there really helped me out in a jam to get my credit card info while I was out at Fantasea Reefworld without enough $ to purchase the additional scuba experience - so glad she was able to help as that turned out out be one of the best things I have done yet in my travels! Definitely would recommend a stay here!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was my favourite accomodation of my whole trip. The rooms are big and have a little kitchen sections, so that you can do it self catering. It backs on the the lovely lagoon where you caan swim. It is located very central so there are many shops and bars located close by. The noise from the bar opposite can be heard in the rooms however this didn't really bother us. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Whitsunday on the Beach? Share your experiences!