“Excellent service & Very proffessional” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #20 of 62 Activities in Airlie Beach
Type: Reefs, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Award winning 'Cruise Whitsundays' is the Whitsundays largest and most experienced marine tourism operator offering a range of day cruises and Island Resort connections. Cruises visit the Great Barrier Reef (Reefworld and Knuckle Reef pontoons), Whitehaven Beach and island resorts on Hamilton Island, Daydream Island and Long Island. The multi-award winning Great Barrier Reefsleep overnight experience is Australia's most unique accommodation. 'Resort Connections' provide services between island resorts and the Whitsunday Coast and connecting the region's airports arrivals and departures. There are also tailor-made activities for the conference, incentive and Weddings market.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Seven Hills, New South Wales, Australia
“Excellent service & Very proffessional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Loved using their charter boats out to the reef and around the Whitsundays - couldn't have picked any better staff to represent Australia to the tourists! Organised and ready for all activities, all the time. Good safety demonstrations with appropriate levels of humour to keep passengers entertained. Highly recommend and will definitely use Cruise Whitsundays again in the future.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
74 attraction reviews
“good experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

did this trip well worth it some amazing views,can be busy at times,but so beautiful worth a visit a walk up the hill gives splendid views over the whitsundays with a chance of a swim .you need a stinger suit.!

Visited January 2013
“Just the same as everywhere else but with a higher price tag!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My partner and I went out to the reef yesterday and I have to say I was disappointed overall. I have been snorkeling and diving in Thailand and I have seen much better marine life, it cost $210 per person and this included the trip there and back, all snorkel equipment and lunch. I have to say the lunch was cold chicken and the salads were all frozen and tasteless so it is disappointing to pay that much and get served nothing special. The crew are very friendly though and make the day fun I just don't think the area has much to offer for the price tag!

Brisbane, Australia
“Had some good fun but could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Four of us stayed at Airlie Beach for two weeks and did 4 different day trips with Cruise Whitsundays.

We did the island hopper pass first, however when we tried to get off at Daydream Island the crew said they'll just take us out to Whitehaven Beach instead. Still not quite sure why they did that but we were so glad they did, we had an amazing time! They then dropped us off at Hamilton Island for the second half of the day and we relaxed in the pool and had some lunch, definitely the best cruise we had with them.

We then did the Great Barrier Reef day cruise. The only good thing about this tour was the reef itself. The boat trip out there was a total nightmare, it was so windy and bumpy, pretty much every person on the trip (including half the crew) was either hurling, passed out on the floor or hanging of the side of the boat to get some wind in their face in an attempt to alleviate the seasickness. I have never been motionsick in cars, rollercoasters, boats or anything else in my life but I felt extremely ill on this trip. The crew did advise everyone to take motion sickness tablets but I felt they could have done more to advise us how bad the conditions that day were. When we finally got there, the reef was very beautiful, although we have a suspicion that they took us to the Fantasea Reefworld rather than the better Cruise Whitsundays pontoon which was quite disappointing. If you can afford to fly out to the reef, I would definitely advise that as the bad travel experience definitely dulled this day for me.

We also did the Hamilton/Daydream Escape. Hamilton was still just as good the second time around however we ran out of things to do on Daydream very quickly and ended up just waiting around for the ferry to go to Hamilton.

Our last tour was the day trip to Long Island. I definitely would only recommend doing the half day trip to Long Island as there is not much to do apart from swim out to the little reef about 200m from the beach, swim in the pool, play putt-putt and maybe take out a kayak or a paddle board. It was also raining most of the day we went so that didn't help.

Most of the crew and employees were friendly and helpful however the woman that we booked the day trips with originally told us that we didn't need boarding passes for the trips and could just get straight on the boats. WRONG. You have to check in and get boarding passes for each individual trip. We were not impressed at being told incorrect information that could have resulted in us missing our trip.

All in all I would give Cruise Whitsundays a 6/10 - trips are good but you have to make sure you research the islands and do trips on good days otherwise things can go downhill fast.

Toronto, Canada
37 attraction reviews
“So Many Choices - What a Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My friend and I did the Great Barrier Reef day cruise. The boat was massive and had so many options. We originally booked a guided snorkel with a marine biologist which was really fantastic but I also ended up doing a introductory scuba dive. Another option was taking a helicopter ride to see the GBR from above but the price ($125aud) was a bit steep for a 10 minute ride. The glass bottom boat was free and we saw some sea turtles, fish and coral reef. There was a photographer to take pictures of the day and they could be purchased for $20 each. My only regret was not bringing an underwater camera. On the way back there were some big waves as we were going through the shipping channel and staff were armed with paperbags and anti-naseau pills for those who get motion sickness. The lunch buffet was high in carbs and protein and was just o.k. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and cookies were complimentary in the morning and afternoon. Staff were all very professional, friendly and helpful. Overall it was great day!