I stayed in a studio apartment at Blue Horizen hotel for two nights having nabbed it from lastminute for a very cheap price. In a good location, not completely central not too far out, about 8min walk from centre. Close without being I'm the midst. The hotel concierge was well mannered (in his half unbuttoned shirt), albeit a bit chatty. I don't mind chatting to hotel operators in check-in, but in this case, no real information about the hotel services, local area or available tours around etc was offered to me in conversation so the 'chatting' was pretty useless and a bit invasive. Also, he did not listen properly to my instructions regarding hotel transfer and told the operator I was booked for a different air carrier, and failed to give me the correct timings for the bus which ensued in a bit of drama the next day. In my view, that's lacking in professionalism. Less talking socially and a bit more customer focus to ensure the guests arrangements are properly attended to is preferred. The studio itself was very impressive, no problems with cleanliness, fully equipped with a full kitchenette (although the TV was extremely annoying, slow to change). There was a Large open balcony overlooking the bay. A large bed, although the blankets were very lightweight and not quite warm enough. The bathroom was of pretty cool architectural design a and always a plus, a washer/dryer set available . However the beautiful ambience of this lovely apartment was considerably compromised by a number of things. Firstly, the WIFI plan in the room was excessively costly at $6 for 30min, $10 an hour and $20 a day. It was not even based on consumption but rather time, so your service would terminate after 30min even if you had you consumed only 5min of internet. This is far too costly by any standards bed irritating given how heavily reliant you are on internet when traveling. Secondly, the usual amenities you expect to be provided on a daily basis such as milk and shampoo were not refreshed daily, you had to pay for them pro-rata, at around $2-3 for a tiny bottle. Although admittedly the products were very very good (hairdresser standard) unlike most places where they can be destructive to your hair and skin. Same with cleaning, there was a cost to have your place cleaned daily and you were required to throw your own garbage out. Though this is not altogether unusual for a studio, it didn't really feel like you were getting much from the place otherwise. The outdoor pool photos on the website are a bit exaggerated but it is a beautiful heater pool nonetheless, around 2m deep at one end snd surrounded by deck chairs. A small touch of the outdoor jacuzzi had me reeking in horror from the ice cold water. So much for that. I would have asked about it but it seemed pointless. In the end, I think this place was pretty average. A bit more front desk professionalism and a change to the WIFI/outdoor tub would bring this place right up, but for now you are paying for the nice room and semi-central location and not much more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- at Blue Horizon Resort creates the perfect setting for your Airlie Beach Whitsunday holiday. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a family friendly destination, or somewhere to mix work with pleasure at Blue Horizon Resort can cater for all tastes.The resort’s modern, Balinese inspired 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and 3 or 4 bedroom luxury penthouses offer spacious balconies with views over the Coral Sea. With an emphasis on comfort and warm friendly service at Blue Horizon Resort is your home away from home.With the beautiful Whitsunday weather you can choose to relax in the heated spa, rise early to take advantage of the fully equipped gymnasium or relax by the poolside café. The toddler wading pool and play room helps to keep little ones occupied while the Horizon heated swimming pool provides year round fun for all. Our onsite tour desk will assist you to choose the perfect activity to make your Whitsunday experience a memorable one, from a romantic secluded island beach picnic to a thrill seeking parachute jump our dedicated team can make it happen.at Blue Horizon Resort is the perfect spot for small to medium sized conferences, boasting a large, modern, dedicated conference room with state of the art audio visual equipment, broadband internet access, and versatile choice of room configurations at Blue Horizon Resort presents itself as a resort focused on driving business results.at Blue Horizon Resort, located a short walk from Airlie Beach village is the ideal base for your Airlie Beach Whitsunday escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Horizon Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizon Hotel Apartments
- Blue Horizon Resort Apartments Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands