I had read the reviews on here before I travelled. I am particular about cleanliness, not worried about hotels being 4-5* just so long as they are clean. This hotel exceeded my expectations. I don't have Children, but these are extremely kid friendly, lots of space with a couple or pools just below our room. The room itself was extremely spacious, 2 bedrooms, 1 double bed, 2 twin beds, a large sitting room with dining space and a kitchen and a bathroom with a good working shower. Don't expect 5* facilities but you can be assured the rooms are clean and makes for a pleasant stay. If you have difficulty walking then perhaps consider a hotel a bit closer. It's a good, easy, safe 15 minute walk down the road to the main hub of Airlie beach and restaurants. There is also a steep hill to walk up when going back up to your rooms via the car park. There is a lift once in the hotel/car park. There is a balcony and a view overlooking the water but there is a lot of building/construction going on everywhere in Airlie right now. The local press is reporting that local shops are disappointed that it is effecting trade as tourists can't easily access shops - but once this is all finished it will be a huge improvement I hear. There is a Thai restaurant at next doors hotel which is great and also when you walk toward main Airlie (Shute Harbour Road) you must try Fish Divine - also a great place to eat. If you're doing a sailing trip save a good 45-60 mins to walk down to the Harbour - it's not a short walk from this hotel. Also I didn't know this; so may be a helpful tip to you; if you are sailing you need to go to the travel shop on shute harbour road to register your details on the computer 24hrs before. Back to the hotel, if you do use the Kitchen facilities there is a local shop (walk past fish divine) and also an off license. I would stay here again if I was visiting the whitsunday islands. Also Reception were extremely helpful - helped store our bags for a couple of days too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- at Blue Horizon Resort creates the perfect setting for your Airlie Beach Whitsunday holiday. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a family friendly destination, or somewhere to mix work with pleasure at Blue Horizon Resort can cater for all tastes.The resort’s modern, Balinese inspired 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and 3 or 4 bedroom luxury penthouses offer spacious balconies with views over the Coral Sea. With an emphasis on comfort and warm friendly service at Blue Horizon Resort is your home away from home.With the beautiful Whitsunday weather you can choose to relax in the heated spa, rise early to take advantage of the fully equipped gymnasium or relax by the poolside café. The toddler wading pool and play room helps to keep little ones occupied while the Horizon heated swimming pool provides year round fun for all. Our onsite tour desk will assist you to choose the perfect activity to make your Whitsunday experience a memorable one, from a romantic secluded island beach picnic to a thrill seeking parachute jump our dedicated team can make it happen.at Blue Horizon Resort is the perfect spot for small to medium sized conferences, boasting a large, modern, dedicated conference room with state of the art audio visual equipment, broadband internet access, and versatile choice of room configurations at Blue Horizon Resort presents itself as a resort focused on driving business results.at Blue Horizon Resort, located a short walk from Airlie Beach village is the ideal base for your Airlie Beach Whitsunday escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Otel, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Blue Horizon Resort Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizon Hotel Apartments
- Blue Horizon Resort Apartments Airlie Beach/Whitsunday Islands