“Fantastic, Best restaurant ever” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our ‘One Chef's Hat' Far Horizons Restaurant (awarded in 2012 & 2013) and Best Wine list awarded by Gourmet Traveler in 2012 is the only venue in Palm Cove on the absolute beachfront. Enjoy a lazy breakfast, long lunch, sunset cocktails or a relaxed dinner. This award winning restaurant offers a menu leaning towards classic contemporary cuisine and features the finest local produce available.
Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
“Fantastic, Best restaurant ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I recently went to Far Horizons in Palm Cove it was the best experience my family and I endured with great food excellent staff and a manager who knows how to treat her staff and patrons with respect. The steak was amazing cooked to perfection and we will definitely be back next time we are in Cairns. I would also recommend anyone looking for a place to hold business meetings etc to attend here as I will be from now on. Beautiful location, Great food and fantastic staff.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
cairns
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

While on holidays , we visited far horizons for breakfast, dinner and afternoon drinks a few times and it was always a good experience .. We re very surprised to see the last reviews .. there was some delays for drinks and food , but you could clearly see it was busy .. Apart from that staff was always extremely friendly and remembered us from the previous day , food for breakfast was good , not waouh.. But dinner was definately our favourite and it made us feel very special , thanks to the staff for a great time

Sydney, Australia
“Ordinary food, terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had breakfast here because the setting is incredible... it's the best location in Palm Cove. The wait staff were really lovely but the service was terrible. We waited ages for our coffee (which was awful) and our tea never arrived. We waited even longer for our food which was very ordinary (the slow cooked onions were tasteless mush and the hash brown was out of a packet). The waitresses apologised for the long delays, explaining that they were really busy. But the restaurant was only a quarter full and it was the Christmas holidays... surely someone on the management staff could predict they'd be busy at this time and staff the place accordingly. My toast arrived with no butter and I had to ask three different staff to bring me some, and by the time it arrived the toast was cold. We weren't offered a pepper mill but managed to track one down ourselves. We felt sorry for the staff - they were doing their best, and the faults clearly lie with terrible management. This place could be amazing... they just need a good chef and manager.

Cairns, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lift your game”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We dined at Far Horizon on Christmas night and were very disappointed in the experience, the scallop dish I had was over cooked and not nice, my wife enjoyed her entree, I had an eye fillet with a side of mash ( my wife the Duck) and both mains were cold including the mash, the steak had been sitting as it was dry on the outside thankfully it was medium rare inside, the dessert my wife ordered ( banana cheesecake crepe) would have to be one of the worst desserts I have seen in a quality hotel something you would expect at Sizzler. We decided not to return any of the food as there were very long waits for service and we really didnt want the night to drag on. Since there was a 15% premium on the bill I expected the service to be of a good standard, even though the service staff were very pleasant we and everyone around us had to wait a long time for food.This restaurant has the best location in Palm Cove but sadly some of the worst food ! This was my third and final visit ( I am a Local ) Will stick to Nu Nu and Vivo in future.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Feilding, New Zealand
“Delish with a fab view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Yummy food, fast, friendly service & excellent views. Full panoramic view of the beach & palm trees, it was very relaxing

• 4 of 5 stars Food
GMAGBR, General Manager at Far Horizons Restaurant, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Hayley J
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments I am so pleased you enjoyed your dining experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards