My boyfriend and I have just spent 3 nights at The Mango Lagoon Resort in Palm Cove and loved it. We didn't actually spend much time at the resort itself as we had trips to the Reef and the Daintree Rainforest booked but we were very impressed by the value for money, the size of the apartment, the lovely Thai-like setting/design of the resort and the helpfulness of the staff, especially Wendy. The apartment was great, really spacious and it was nice to have a proper kitchen and not just a mini hotplate and microwave. While it was a bit more than a 5 minute walk to the beach, even the beachfront hotels have the Esplanade between themselves and the beach so nothing is right on the beach (from what we could see). (We also considered the Melaleuca because it's closer to the beach but from the front it looked pretty tired so we're glad we decided against that!) The pools at the resort aren't huge but they're big enough and the setting is lovely and relaxing. However they could do with a few more sunbeds.
The only real downsides were that the apartment was a bit dusty - nothing too bad but the TVs and bedside tables were all quite dusty and there were a few cobwebs around (but otherwise it was spotless) - and that we were actually charged to receive a fax - not a big deal as my boyfriend's company had to pay but even so, it seems a bit extreme to charge for that, even if it was a long fax!
Wendy was very helpful booking a diving trip for us and we had a great time but, if you want a trip where you can do some sunbathing as well as diving/snorkelling, the Deep Sea Divers Den probably isn't for you as the boat (Ocean Quest) doesn't have much outdoor space and it was pretty crowded when we went.
If eating out in Palm Cove there is a fantastic Thai restaurant called Choc Dee Thai, which also does takeaway (a benefit of having your own plates and cutlery!) and is very reasonably priced. We also ate at The Sebel but while the food was good it was pretty expensive and the service while friendly was very slow - even when we wanted to pay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Mango Lagoon Resort The resort spreads over 2.5 Acres of tropically landscaped gardens with meandering walkways surrounding 4 pools for your pleasure including a 50 metre Olympic sized lap pool and child friendly pool. Our extra spacious 1 and 2 bedroom apartments are fully self-contained and we also provide the option of studio/hotel room accommodation for guests. Other on-site resort features include a covered BBQ area, Continental Breakfast daily, sun lounges surrounding our 4 pools, on-site tour desk and Free Wi-Fi access is available to all guests throughout most of the Resort. As a perfect gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest. Mango Lagoon Resorts private, quiet location is your perfect place to stay and experience these natural wonders. Relax and stroll the award winning Palm Cove beach lapped by the Coral Sea or explore one of the many restaurants, salons, and boutique shops. Our friendly staff will be happy to tailor a tour package to suit your requirements and budget. Mango Lagoon Resort has a clear mission. 'We want to provide our guests with the best possible holiday experience in Palm Cove'. We look forward to welcoming you in paradise soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Mango Lagoon Resort & Wellness Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Lagoon Resort & Wellness Hotel Palm Cove
- Mango Lagoon Resort And Wellness Spa
- Mango Lagoon Hotel Wellness