“Oh so beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   5 Triton St, Palm Cove, Queensland 4879, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Palm Cove
“Oh so beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband and I Chose Sea Temple for our honeymoon. What a fantastic choice it was.
After being disappointed on the first leg of our honeymoon it was wonderful to be presented with what we thought Sea Temple would be.
The staff are wonderful and nothing is a problem. Kate at reception hunted down pillows for us even though house keeping had gone home and it was 9 pm. The staff at reception were wonderful. The staff at the lagoon bar and the Temple of Tastes were also lovely.
The pools are beautiful. I can imagine though that in summer it would be hard getting a sun lounge by the pool.
We had the penthouse with rooftop spa and BBQ, highly recommended. It was great to be able to escape all the little kids in the pool and use our own spa.
The room was beautiful and refreshed everyday to a high standard.
The food at the temple of tastes was delicious. We were a little embarrassed to be seen eating there so regularly, but the food was just so nice.
If you want a good cocktail, try the mango tango.
In reply to the ants situation, if you don't leave any food out, ants aren't an issue.
I would sooooo love to go back to Sea Temple, we will definitely be going back, just not during school holidays.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We spent 5 nights at the Temple Bay qhile touring around Australia. When we arrived the Hotel wasnt full so we paid for an upgrade to a top floor with a jacuzzi which was great - excellent room, lots of space and good equipment. Onty downside was the lack of a fast enough internet! Pool good, right on the beach, staff very helpful. The town of Palm Cove is just up the road and it shuts very early - we came in from Hong Kong and used to going out at midnight and ended up having room service - pizza but very nice. A really good stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

My partner and I sayed for 5 nights at the Sea Temple at Palm Cove and loved every minute of it! What a fatastic resort this is... and Palm Cove itself is paradise (even if you can't swim in the ocean at this time of the year). We booked our trip through FNQ Apartments and they then sub booked our apartment through the Boutique Collection. The apartment was vey clean and spacious, but the best thing about the Sea Temple was the beautiful swimming pool. We will definately stay here again - early December seems like a good time of year as it is low season and the resort was more than half empty - we were able to snare a bargain price for the room thru FNQ.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cairns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Lovely tropical environment & very nice room layout, a real shame that the service is not 5 star quality. When checking in, the Hotel Manager Daniel was definitely not 5-star material. When ordering at the pool bar we were just an inconvience as they were 'closing in 30-mins'...Was so excited to stay here as an end of year 5-star holiday treat & expected more, that's all.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

We just cut our stay at Sea Temple Palm Cove short by 2 nights and moved elsewhere. Upon arrival the resort looked beautiful. Lobby is very tropical and welcoming and exudes a 5 star atmosphere. The check-in went smoothly. Joel was extremely polite and helpful. We were checked-in quickly, he recommended some great tours in the area and carried our bags and escorted us to our room. We got a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen and 2 bathrooms on the 3rd floor. The room was extremely spacious, well stocked kitchen, washer&dryer, sparse furnishings, but more than adequate.

The first night we were there, I noticed a few ants, but since we were in a tropical setting with no netting on the windows or doors, I disregarded them. However, in the morning, the kitchen counters were over run with them. We cleaned them up as they are quite small. We called housekeeping to report it and they just brought us some spray and told us to spray them and that should take care of it. I sprayed. I even cleaned the kitchens and bathrooms finishing an entire tub of lysol disinfectant wipes. I sprayed again.

We spent the rest of the day at the pool and beach. Unfortunately, we hadn't realized that it's currently stinger season (Jelly Fish) making it impossible to swim at the beach. We had chosen Sea Temple Palm Cove over Shangri-la in Cairns because it was a beachfront property. Nevertheless, we took a lovely stroll on the beach. The children collected shells, dug for clams, and encountered a live crab. There are three pools: 1 kiddy pool, 1 deep lap pool, and 1 large "lagoon" pool. The whole area is lovely, but it could be kept up better. Not once did I see someone come along to clean out the debris from trees and plants from the pool - something that I would expect from a 5 star hotel. The lounge chairs looked worn and dirty. We did order food and drink from the lagoon bar, which was promptly delivered and cleaned up. But another nice feature of typical 5 star resorts would be to have someone making rounds by the pool to take orders or tidy up, etc.

We were advised by Joel at checkin that if we signed up for the Mirvac club that we would get free internet access. However, again, for a 5 star hotel, I would expect wireless connectivity or at a minimum a neat setup of wiring for broadband. Instead we had cables hooked in under the TV console leaving a mess of wires in front of the TV to where ever the computer was linked into. It wasn't very well thought out, especially for a relatively new resort.

The longer we stayed and the more I had to clean because of more ants, the more I noticed how nothing had been really dusted. There was mildew in the shower stalls and the glass above the sinks hadn't been cleaned. There were spider webs everywhere. There were dead bugs under the bathroom counter in the 2nd bathroom ensuite of the 2nd bedroom that were quite visible and probably under there for quite some time. The ant problem was quite severe in the 2nd bedroom. One day after an all day excursion we returned to find the sink and counter crawling with ants, which if you ask me is not "normal". They were in the bed and in the toilet and shower room. I sprayed and cleaned them away at which point I didn't want my children sleeping in a room with pesticide fumes. When I called reception they said that they were harmless but would move me to another room in the morning. They did send someone from housekeeping the next morning who said that they would move the beds, clean up and spray behind the beds and change the linen. When they showed me to the new room, it actually looked shabbier than the one we currently were in. So we decided to check-out a few days earlier to move to another hotel. When we did return to the hotel that evening, the 2nd bedroom looked remarkably cleaner. The bugs under the bathroom counter were gone and there were just 2 - 3 ants now crawling about the walls. There's a note saying that while housekeeping have done their best there may be something overlooked and we should let them know. But that would really mean that I would have to call about everything - one of the vanity lights were out, the TV remote control batteries were dead, the settee pillows smelled - honestly, the ants took most of my attention and I felt bad calling all the time already.

Speaking of phoning.... I often phone downstairs to "concierge" to arrange a restaurant recommendation and booking or tour. I called to book one of the tours that Joel had recommended and the woman at reception I should pop by the desk. I just thought she would book everything and then I would just pop by the desk to pick up the details and receipt. When I went downstairs, there was no record of my call from the room. I gave the details of what I wanted again and instead of waiting, I said I would be by the pool. About an hour later, I went back to find that everything was booked incorrectly and that it needed to be rebooked. I waited this time and everything was booked properly. However, the reason why I called ahead of time was so that I wouldn't have to wait.

When I'm on holiday, I really don't want to stress about ants crawling everywhere, especially in my bed and my belongings. I especially do not need to clean and scrub extra-hard at a 5 star resort.

We had lunch and dinner at the resort and both were fine and on par with the average cost of food at restaurants in the area. All the restaurants were extremely friendly towards children with children's menus, plastic cups, etc.

On a positive note, it does seem like the resort took into consideration some of the complaints from previous postings with regard to paying for parking and nickel and diming for every little thing. There were no hidden costs except for the obvious. Upon check-out again I felt that the hotel was beautiful, but it really needs the 5 star service to make it a 5 star resort. We moved to another 5 star resort, that is less expensive, no ants, and lots of service. Upon arriving and surveying the new room, my kids exclaim, "Whew! No ants!"

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
northampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

We booked a 'studio' at the Sea Temple through the 'Boutique Collection' website. It was advertised as a studio with a 'kitchenette' but was actually just a smallish hotel room with a toaster on the shelf under the TV. There were no means of cooking or even reheating anything (except toast!) and any washing up had to be done in the wash basin in the bathroom. If judged as just a hotel room then it would be fine, but it needs to be more accurately described to avoid disappointment. We were allowed to use the pool etc within the resort and for $15 could open an account with the hotel to book any trips or order any drinks etc... however, some of the reception staff were less than friendly.
The hotel is in a fabulous location and there is a wealth of choice for places to eat close by.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
BoutiqueCollection, Owner at Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Thank you so much for caring enough to submit your comments.

We at the Boutique Collection value the feedback of our customers, as do the agents who represent our products. If you would be kind enough to contact our office to advise which agency you booked with, we will take immediate action to ensure that our products are in no way being misrepresented to guests.

We do hope that you will come and stay with the Boutique Collection at the Sea Temple again soon.

The Boutique Collection Management
Glasgow Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Having read some of the previous reviews regarding the standard of the rooms and service given by staff I arrived with some misgivings, however any concerns I had were soon dispelled, the staff were friendly, courteous and dealt with any request in a manner that was befiting of a hotel of that standard. This standard continuned throughout our 4 day stay and I would like to thank all staff for making our stay such a wonderful experience.
Our two bedroom appartment had everything a traveller needs, was clean, comfortable and well appointed a wonderful place to relax after a hard day of enjoying yourself.
The shops and eating places are a short stroll away. Palm Cove is wonderful ,relaxed but enough going on that you're not going to get bored.
If you're planning a trip to Plam Cove give this place serious consideration You will not be disappointed No worries mate!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!