Picture this ..... You arrive by car late at night in torrential rain only to be told there is $5 charge for someone to park your car and $5 to return the key to your room. Unbelievable...welcome to Australian hospitality!! At $900 a night ( staying in a penthouse ) surely I could get my car parked on arrival. Oh and I hope u don't drink coffee! That's $4 extra if u want a coffee machine espresso at breakfast . Don't get me started on the quality of that breakfast buffet, it just feels cheap & very basic. We recommend Vivo down the road instead for service, atmosphere & a quality meal. Also room 1231/1232 are over the restaurant and noisy until late at night, so the ones we had should be avoided.
Pools were nice however pool bar opens too late at 11.30am. Generally rooms cleanliness was poor, as was the plunge pool on the roof which I don't think had been cleaned for some time. The lagoon pool has 3 umbrellas for about 30 day beds. There should be 5 or 6 more at a minimum. A palm tree is no protection against hot sun or torrential rain.
I would describe our stay as average & pleasant but certainly not memorable or worth a second visit.
Most of the staff looked as unimpressed to be there as we were. There just aren't enough staff down on the ground. Beer glasses from night before should not be on pool bar up until 11am next day. Not good enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa is set in the heart of charming Palm Cove village in Tropical North Queensland offering the perfect place to indulge in tropical relaxation.This idyllic intimate beachfront destination is situated at the start of the beautiful coastal drive to Port Douglas and majestic Daintree Rainforest and only 20 minutes from Cairns airport. The resort offers a range of accommodation, from elegant suites and spa rooms, to one and two bedroom penthouses with private rooftop terraces, BBQs and a plunge pool or jacuzzi. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen and laundrette and takes full advantage of its surroundings with views to the ocean, pools, gardens or mountain ranges beyond. All rooms are serviced daily and offer guests free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, TV, DVD, CD stereo, AUSTAR, in-room safe, fridge, minibar and tea and coffee facilities. Our Serenity Wing has a selection of suites offering entertainment areas with gas barbecues on the balcony and a private rainforest pool.To achieve total relaxation you won't ever need to leave Peppers Beach Club & Spa. The beach lagoon takes pride of place, gently lapping against a white sandy beach surrounded by swaying palm trees. Swim up to the pool bar or dine overlooking the Coral Sea. Other diversions include tennis, lap pool, gymnasium, boutique shopping and the Salt Beauty & Spa, with its signature massages, revitalising facial treatments and soothing body treatments.Lime & Pepper Restaurant offers a combination of eccentric cuisine incorporating distinct flavours of the tropics utilising a variety of local produce. The visual appeal of the chef’s creations complements Lime & Pepper’s unique beachside location and uninterrupted views of stunning Palm Cove. The restaurant is open seven days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the Rocks Cafe Pool Bar is open daily for in-house guests (seasonal & weather dependant).Venture outside of the resort and will find yourself in the heart of Palm Cove. There's something for everyone, with an abundance of activities ranging from reef tours, scuba diving and deep sea fishing adventures to white water rafting, evening dinner cruises and rainforest walks. Embark on a day trip into Cairns or explore the wonders of the Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Ride the famous Scenic Railway train to Kuranda or visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park.The resort is perfect for a memorable romantic interlude or second honeymoon, family hideaway, wedding, birthday or a well deserved break from the rigours of modern life.If you elect to pay your incidental account by credit card or other card using a credit payment facility, Mantra Group reserve the right to charge a payment processing fee in order to cover its associated administrative costs. Payments made by MasterCard / Visa / Amex / Diners will incur a 2% surcharge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Peppers Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club And Spa
- Peppers Beach Club Hotel Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Hotel
- Peppers Beach Resort