This was our third visit to Far North Queensland (FNQ as us Aussies know it), second stay at Palm Cove and first time stay at Peppers Beach Club & Spa and first time travelling here without the kids. Our stay was for 4 nights in a one bedroom Lagoon Suite that overlooked the lagoon pool and included a kitchen, laundry, inside sitting area with a large sofa and an outside balcony area that included a sofa/day bed and a small dining table. We were not disappointed and very pleasantly surprised at the resort, accommodation and the service. Peppers staff were very welcoming, polite and always willing to help, something that is rare when holidaying in Australia.
Our room was very spacious and well appointed, the kitchen gave us the option to eat in or dine out at the many restaurants and cafés both at the resort, in and out of Palm Cove. We dined out for dinner and lunch, but it was nice to have the option to sleep in and have a light breakfast in the room. The resort itself is well appointed and as other reviewers have mentioned the lagoon pool area is wonderful. There are three options for pools and I am sure one of the three will meet your needs. We spent all of our pool time at the Lagoon pool which is a “hot spot” for families with young children, whilst it was noisy and busy, it did not detract from us having a relaxing time (probably not for all ). The swim up bar is great but would be better served by also having the staff walk around and ask guests if they wanted food or drink rather than the guests having to go there themselves. Whilst the rainforest pool was quiet it was not as aesthetically attractive as the lagoon or formal pool, please refer to my map of the resort. Whilst everything in Palm Cove is within walking distance, we found Peppers to be perfectly located on the esplanade. Directly opposite is the beach where you can swim or take long relaxing walks. If I was to be critical of anything it would be that the rooms that had a shared entrance foyer can be noisy when one of the parties were leaving or arriving as the doors were quite loud when they closed and the voices of the parties echoed in the shared entrance foyer, this was MOST notable when the other party was sleeping.
As I mentioned this was our third visit to FNQ and second time at Palm Cove, as this area has many things to do and see we have always hired a car. We did so again just to give us that flexibility, which allowed us to dine in Cairns (25mins by car) and Port Douglas(50 mins by car), swim at some of the beautiful beaches outside of Palm Cove, have breakfast at Trinity Beach (10mins by car) and even take a drive to Innisfail (1.5 hrs by car). This approach may not suit everyone and if it is your first time in FNQ and you wanted to do the “touristy” things (we did them on our previous visits) like go out to the reef, Green Island, Cape Tribulation, Daintree Rainforest, Skyrail, Kuranda Scenic Railway, Hartley’s Crocodile and wildlife park etc. etc. then tours, and not a car, may be your best options. I suppose it all boils down to individual preference. Palm Cove is ideal whether you want to be “touristy” or just relax and Peppers is your ideal base. I must add, the weather was magnificent, 28 degrees Celsius EVERY day, not an ounce of humidity and a gentle cooling sea breeze!!
I will not hesitate to recommend Peppers Beach Club to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Beach Club & Spa is set in the heart of charming Palm Cove village in Tropical North Queensland offering the perfect place to indulge in tropical relaxation. This idyllic intimate beachfront destination is situated at the start of the beautiful coastal drive to Port Douglas and majestic Daintree Rainforest and only 20 minutes from Cairns airport. The resort offers a range of accommodation, from elegant suites and spa rooms, to one and two bedroom penthouses with private rooftop terraces, BBQs and a plunge pool or jacuzzi. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen and laundrette and takes full advantage of its surroundings with views to the ocean, pools, gardens or mountain ranges beyond. All rooms are serviced daily and offer guests free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, TV, FOXTEL, in-room safe, fridge, minibar and tea and coffee facilities. Our Serenity Wing has a selection of suites offering entertainment areas with gas barbecues on the balcony and a private rainforest pool. To achieve total relaxation you won't ever need to leave Peppers Beach Club & Spa. The beach lagoon takes pride of place, gently lapping against a white sandy beach surrounded by swaying palm trees. Swim up to the pool bar or dine overlooking the Coral Sea. Other diversions include tennis, lap pool, gymnasium, boutique shopping and the Salt Beauty & Spa, with its signature massages, revitalising facial treatments and soothing body treatments. Lime & Pepper Restaurant offers a combination of eccentric cuisine incorporating distinct flavours of the tropics utilising a variety of local produce. The visual appeal of the chef's creations complements Lime & Pepper's unique beachside location and uninterrupted views of stunning Palm Cove. The restaurant is open seven days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the Rocks Cafe Pool Bar is open daily for in-house guests (seasonal & weather dependant). Venture outside of the resort and will find yourself in the heart of Palm Cove. There's something for everyone, with an abundance of activities ranging from reef tours, scuba diving and deep sea fishing adventures to white water rafting, evening dinner cruises and rainforest walks. Embark on a day trip into Cairns or explore the wonders of the Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation. Ride the famous Scenic Railway train to Kuranda or visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. The resort is perfect for a memorable romantic interlude or second honeymoon, family hideaway, wedding, birthday or a well deserved break from the rigours of modern life. If you elect to pay your incidental account by credit card or other card using a credit payment facility, Mantra Group reserve the right to charge a payment processing fee in order to cover its associated administrative costs. Payments made by MasterCard / Visa / Amex / Diners will incur a 2% surcharge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Peppers Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Beach Club And Spa
- Peppers Beach Club Hotel Palm Cove
- Peppers Beach Hotel
- Peppers Beach Resort