“pleasant off season FNQ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Reef House Boutique Resort and Spa - MGallery Collection

Save Saved
You added Reef House Boutique Resort and Spa - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Reef House Boutique Resort and Spa - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Williams Esplanade, Palm Cove, Queensland 4879, Australia (Formerly Sebel Reef House)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Palm Cove
Geelong, Australia
“pleasant off season FNQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

After some reading some rough reviews about this property I made the booking with a little trepidation. Ive stayed at similar vintage resorts built in the 80s & 90s like Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas, Sheraton Noosa & Rockford Esplanade Palm Cove, you've got to be realistic that like the Reef House they are showing some signs of wear and need of rejuvenation. Reef House was clean and comfortable, the pools were nice and very handy considering beach closure due to Irukandji. Included breakfast was nice and simple, nice light fruits and toast before a humid 36 degree day is more than sufficient. Staff were friendly and helpful.

My partner and I enjoyed a 60 minute massage in the day spa however we were a bit disappointed to find an A frame sign out front of RH offering a free 30 min facial with every 60 min booking after the treatment. A bit cheeky spa didn't offer this when we made the booking within the resort. Not that i care much for a facial the misses would have appreciated it especially as its worth $95 on the spa menu.

All in all a nice stay for four nights, RH is perfectly positioned amongst Palm Cove's best restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kellie_Eustace, General Manager at Reef House Boutique Resort and Spa - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your four night stay. I will follow up with the operators of the Day Spa, your right it is a bit cheeky and I am sorry you were not advised of the special at the time of booking.

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Last Saturday night our family dined at Reef House. We have been going to this restaurant for about 25 years. The service and the food were very good. We watched a full moon rise above the ocean in front of us. A fabulous experience.
I'll keep going back. Its the best in Palm Cove.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your support of the Restaurant over the past 25 years, we truly value your feedback and opportunity to welcome you back. On behalf of the team we look forward to seeing you again soon when next visiting your family.

Thank you so much.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed last September 2011 for our honeymoon, Wonderful place, fantastic large villa style rooms. Lovely restaurant. Service and attention from management and staff the best we have experienced anywhere. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Beautiful, thank you for celebrating your Honeymoon with us in September 2011 and returning in January 2013, on behalf of the team we hope to see you again next year.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting room had not been properly before we got there. Hairs in the shower. Had to check out early after one night it was so bad. The New Year's Eve degustation dinner was the worst dining experience of my life. Over 30 minutes to get a drinks menu then 40 minutes for an order to be taken. For drinks. Food was disgusting. Really disappointing. Tasted like it had been defrosted out of a packet. Not fresh at all. If you are considering a trip to palm cove please do yourself a favour and art somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012
I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay further and get the full details as your comments are, as you can imagine extremely disappointing to read. It is a real shame I was not given an opportunity to meet with you during your stay. In regards to New Years Eve, I apologise with the high demand for cocktails initially we did have a small delay with drink service however we got on top of this and we have only received positive comments for the event and certainly our Head Chef and his kitchen brigade, who source all of our fresh produce from local suppliers and resort team worked tirelessly to ensure everyone enjoyed their NYE celebrations with us. If you could contact me at your convenience I would appreciate it and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I dined in the restaurant last week, and it was the worst place I've been to in a very long time. We came there because my partner had seen the seafood tasting plate on the website and when we got there he ordered it and when he got it, it was completely different to the website and we were told that it was an old menu on the website. Please update it!! There was only 3 tables in the restaurant and 3 wait staff and still my partner had 2 get up and go order a drink himself! The main meals were ok but not what I expected, I would think I would get these type of meals from my mum cooking at home and the price was very disappointing considering! When I went to pay I was asked how everything was and I told them very average, the reply to that from the young man was " oh ok" and that's all was said! It was the worst service I've experienced and will not be going back there!!

• Stayed January 2013
The seafood tasting plate is one of our most popular dishes and I apologise that the oysters as part of this dish were not available on the night that you dined. I agree you should never have to leave your table to order a drink, I am sorry for our oversight on the night, this is certainly not our normal standard of service. I have discussed your feedback with the Restaurant team and we hope you give us another opportunity.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed at the Reef House many times over the years but this last visit will be the last unless they have some major upgrades to not only the rooms but the outside areas that used to look stunning now look so tired and run down.The room we stayed in was nice and clean but the outside balcony hadn't been cleaned for some time as there were still party poppers from new years eve still on the tiles for the 4 nights we stayed,no big deal but it just shows that its lost that little bit extra that the Reef House was know for.As others have said there is nothing special about the restaurant anymore that would make you go back for more than 1 night of your stay.One thing i was very surprised about was that i wasn't allowed to drink my own canned beer around the pool or complex as they are a fully licensed premises, i think the new management may be targeting a different type of market with cheaper rates and lower standards so bye by Reef House from us unless something changes for the better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I have spoken with the Housekeeping Supervisor and I apologise for the oversight in not cleaning your balcony thoroughly, this is unacceptable and has been addressed. The owners are passionate about and are continuing to invest in the property where required and the resort team work daily to ensure our public areas and the property is maintained to the highest standards. We hope to welcome you back to the resort should you return to Palm Cove.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My Fiance and I stayed at the Reef house resort for 2 wonderful nights.
After our adventure filled gold coast trip we wanted a relaxing, lazy poolside end to our trip and that is exactly what we got at the Reef House.
The welcome was great and we received a complimentary cocktail upon arrival, followed by a tour of the resort. Our luggage was delivered to our air conditioned room in the mean time.
The facilities were fantastic, room was very clean and the service was wonderful.
We will definitely be coming back in the not to distant future.

• Stayed January 2013
Terrific to read, thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us to relax and unwind after your Gold Coast trip. On behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort.

Kellie

Been to Reef House Boutique Resort and Spa - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!