“Great Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
melbourne
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Highly recommend this restaurant for lunch. The crab sandwich was delicious. The service outstanding.

Visited October 2012

70% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Superb service and food in a totally laid-back, relaxing environment.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had breakfast and dinner in Nu Nu on the same day. On both occasions we had the same table with a large corner sofa that immediately made us feel relaxed, which, being on a short holiday to Palm Cove, was the objective. Our breakfast was very good, service was faultless and the waiter was very helpful and friendly. On the same evening, we had a five course degustation dinner with matched wines. There was no menu so each course was a delicious and delightful surprise. The same waiter presented each course with a detailed and knowledgable description of ingredients and technique. The entire meal was excellent and my wife and I loved every taste. Thoroughly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews we were cautious but it was fantastic. The staff were knowledgable when it came to food and drinks. My sherry at the end of the meal was a perfect pick, suggested by the waitstaff. The wine selection was very impressive, and the cocktails were fantastically made.
My partner had mud crab for main. He raved about it, as he also did about his pork belly starter.
I ordered two entrees, the oysters and the red emperor. Both were fantastic.
We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clifton Beach, Australia
“Pretty good, but we only had coffee and toast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We're greeted upon entrance. Water was served and we got our menus right away. The waiter was quite nice. There were a decent number of other diners. I twas neither crowded nor empty, but I got the feeling from the slightly long wait for toast and coffee (and later the bill), that the place was a bit understaffed, which would have caused problems had the place been slightly more crowded. The quality of the coffee was very good. My wife enjoyed her long black and my coffee was so good that I ordered a second one. Funny thing is, I ordered a cappucino and swear that I got a latte both times. Oddly enough, my wife ordered the toast (got two pieces). I ordered the special sourdough toast (three pieces). They looked exactly the same, but I tried my wife's and she tried mine and they were definitely different. The special toast made partly with some sourdough that is several years old is delicious. Our toast came with miniscule amounts of three different types of jam. The decor and view are nice, especially if you are facing outside. 3 cups of special coffee, an order of "toast," and an order of special sourdough toast came out to $25.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best restaurant in Australia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

If you have not been to Nu Nu then you are missing out. This is without doubt, the best restaurant in Australia. It has every element just right. The setting is spectacular. The restaurant itself manages somehow to blend a fine dining experience with the laid back North QLD spirit. The staff are always friendly. The main reason I will put Nu Nu on top year after year is of course the food. I can't begin to explain how good it is. In fact during my last visit there my sister & I could barely have a conversation because we just got so involved in our meals. If you are a budget conscious traveller, don't despair, the breakfasts here are marvelous too. So treat yourself.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere