Ok so I had a few issues with this park...
1. The camp area for tents is on the outside of the park...no boom gate card is given as you park directly across from reception & camp area is a few steps away.. I found this idea to be quite odd & not very secure. On the positive tent sites were a decent size.
2. The camp kitchen.. Ok so we know from the sign you have an issue with ants & this is very visible as the kitchen (which fits 3people max) & is very basic is swarming with ants on counter & cooker etc but surely you can give it a thorough clean?it is disgusting and thankfully we had our own cooking equipment as there is no way I could cook in there. They say it is cleaned daily but I beg to differ. A quick wipe of counter is not sufficient.
3. The showers...having a shower if you are over 5 foot 5 will prove to be pretty uncomfortable as the shower head has been fitted way too low..
On the morning we were leaving we noticed hundreds of ants had got into car bonnet which took us quite a while to resolve & was pretty annoying.
Although it is a reasonably priced caravan park I would advise against camping in a tent here but if you do: don't eat in your tent... Don't cook in kitchen- it's gross.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pilbara Holiday Park, centrally located in Karratha, boasts of being the regions best resort park and caters for the growing tourist population within the region. Cabins, chalets, powered caravan sites and campers facilities provide a variety of quality accommodation, all complemented by well maintained communal facilities, lawns and gardens. We provide outback adventurers with all the creature comforts and after a long days driving or exploring there is nothing better than a refreshing dip in our resort pool and then relaxing around a barbecue, ready for another days exploring. Karratha is a great place from which to explore the many tourism attractions of the Pilbara Coast and hinterland areas and offers superb winter weather. You can fish the Dampier Archipelago, snorkel the islands fringed with coral reefs, tour the Woodside Gas Plant, National Parks, and visit the historic towns of Cossack and Point Samson. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pilbara Holiday Park Karratha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.