It is worth paying the extra for a back room with a Pool view. Rooms are clean and a good bed, but the couch was most uncomfortable to sit on. Excellent and helpful front office staff, in particular the lovely Philippino lady, who really went the extra mile to get a tour booked for us and change the date of another. Unfortunately, at check-out in the morning at 8am, having only one person on the front desk answering phone calls and trying to check-out 4 people, makes for a slow experience. Surely extra staff could be rostered for the known busy times?
There are two restaurants, a more formal one and a Pub type, both I suspect served from the same kitchen. Not a lot of difference in price and we found the Pub one very good and the Ribs are to die for.
Excellent pool and most welcome in the 34 Deg C heat.
Perhaps a little more attention to the grounds, as there were piles of leaves on the walkway from our room, untouched for 4 days?
The WiFi being Free was a bonus. Not fast, but certainly adequate.
There is a self help laundry room, that is VERY busy, especially at night. With one washer and one dryer out of service in the 4 days we were here, it was a bit of a pain getting washing done.
In all a pleasant place to stay and a bonus after some of the other WA small town accommodation. Kununurra (I had never heard of it before this trip) is certainly a great place to start a Top End adventure
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kimberley Grande is under new management and is no longer operated by Pinctada Hotels & Resorts Pty Ltd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pinctada Kimberley Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimberley Grande Kununurra
- Pinctada Kimberley Grande Kununurra, Australia - Western Australia