Once you get over the fact that you are paying capital city prices to stay in a small town (unfortunately every hotel in town is equally expensive) the Kimberley Grande turns out to be a good choice. The hotel is opposite a great park and waterfront area so a good choice in terms of location.
Rooms are comfortable and functional (the claimed 4 stars are a bit of a stretch) and roomy. There is a pleasant verandah outside, the air con works and the expected amenities are provided. A complaint would be the empty ice tray in the freezer and a minibar bare of anything but a jug of water. Given that most guests arrive after a long flight or an even longer drive, these oversights amount to laziness.
The onsite restaurant and bar are both pleasant with good service. Dinner was excellent. The included breakfast buffet however was dismal and not worth bothering with, free or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kimberley Grande is under new management and is no longer operated by Pinctada Hotels & Resorts Pty Ltd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pinctada Kimberley Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimberley Grande Kununurra
- Pinctada Kimberley Grande Kununurra, Australia - Western Australia