We stayed at Emma Gorge Resort for 3 nights in May. We also stayed 3 nights at the Station Township in a river view bungalow. Our stay at Emma Gorge was fine but we preferred the Station for a number of reasons.
We were lucky when we visited Emma Gorge as it was the beginning of the season so we practically had the resort to ourselves. The staff were friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. The service was great in the restaurant and we enjoyed our meals there.
Emma Gorge Resort has more of a low-key feel to it than the Station. The tented cabins were clean and comfortable (though we missed a few home comforts - having a kettle and small fridge would have been great). The bungalows at the Station had these extras which we missed when we moved to Emma Gorge. We were a little surprised that the accommodation at Emma Gorge was more expensive than the Station bungalows as we felt the bungalows offered more. Both the cabins and bungalows were serviced each day, which was great. We weren't expecting that for this level of accommodation.
Breakfast was either a buffet or a la carte (depending on whether a tour group was staying). Both were fine and there was a good choice of breakfast options.
If you can't get accommodation at the Station, then Emma Gorge is a great option. Because most of the tours leave from the station (and it's closer to a lot of the walks), we found it more convenient to be based there.
- Also Known As:
- Emma Gorge Hotel Kununurra
- Emma Gorge Hotel
- Emma Gorge Resort At El Questro Kununurra, Australia - Western Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden within the fiery red of El Questro’s Cockburn Ranges lies the spectacular Emma Gorge Resort, with excellent facilities for the whole family. Emma Gorge Resort offers comfortable tented cabins, each with their own private facilities. Shaded pathways link the tented cabins with the restaurant, pool and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Emma Gorge Resort at El Questro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.