“Pleasant times” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Kununurra
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Kelly's Bar & Grill, centrally located at the Kununurra Country Club Resort, serves modern Australian cuisine. The resaurant is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with both indoor and outdoor dining options. Reservations highly recommended. Take Away Pizza is available 7 days a week from 5pm. Kelly's is also the perfect venue for special occasions and corporate functions.
Kununurra
“Pleasant times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Although small, Kelly's Bar & Grill maintains an atmosphere that is relevant for most occasions. The meals are well prepared with mains probably being a little too big. Pricing is average but a little too high for the Restaurant and location. Service can be very good but at times is hit and miss. One criticism is that a bottle of reasonable red was on special and when selected, the staff brought a bottle straight out of the cooler and whilst we are not wine snobs, the coldness would have done nothing towards the enjoyment of the wine. As we selected another bottle, perhaps we may have received a discount? We also pointed out when paying the tab that they had forgotten to add 2 x coffees. Despite some shortcomings from time to time, we usually enjoy our meals and the atmosphere at Kelly's Bar and Grill.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“No consistency”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This place in town is the "fancy one" although I have dined for more than 3 years in a row Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner multiple times.

Could not say there is any consistency!

Breakfast over priced buffet; the food was beginning to dry up & chef/cook grumpy man not happy more diners were coming?!?

Lunch great atmosphere; quiet great Barramundi; although ordering couple of drinks nearly had them toppled onto myself.

Dinner is where its inconsistent previously dined with 3 people; mine(seafood with prawns) were under the heat lights 30 mins while others were cooking, mine came out finally only for 2 to be cooked; while our friend had to wait a further 25 mins for fish??
Had a Jus, and it was thick like jelly & unbearable to eat; also side salad consisting of Lettuce & red onion; asked the waiter to have more salad for the chef to yell, "if he doesn't like it f&%k off"!

Had a wonderful mid week dinner; to pleasantly return to on the weekend; not replicated and servings considerably small for the price!

Ordered few cocktails on the menu to be told; they don't know how to make majority of ones requested.

Country Club isn't a favourite & tavern serves a mean meal for less price!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
AspenResorts, Manager at Kelly's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring your dining experiences to our attention.
We were disappointed to read that your wonderful mid-week dining experience was not replicated on each and every occasion you dined with us, and we apologise for the inconsistency in our service.
Management will discuss your comments with the relevant staff to ensure points raised are not repeated.
A new menu has been introduced into Kelly’s Bar and grill in January and we hope you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.

Resort Management
Wyndham, Australia
“Hearty Aussie meals served with style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Country Club hotel over the years and always have a meal at Kelly's as I find it handy being within the hotel, the menu has a good variety of local and Australian dishes and eyes are always ell presented and have that Kimberley style. As it is in the Kimberely the prices are quite high but you get used to that and the one good thing is the size of the meals compensate for the higher prices.

If in Kununurra I would recommend giving Kelly's a go.

Enjoy!

Visited August 2012
“$32.00 per head for breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I made the mistake of asking how much for the buffet breakfast, to be told $32.00. I thought that she meant for the both of us. No, that was per head - a joke? No.

Visited October 2012
AspenResorts, General Manager at Kelly's Bar & Grill, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your review.
At the resort we try to provide a range of options for breakfast. During our coach season we provide a Full Buffet Breakfast with a vast selection of breakfast foods – this is to cover the range of international guests we have staying with us at the resort. We also offer an advance purchase rate of $25 for the Full Buffet Breakfast, as well as a la carte and Continental Breakfast options.
Unfortunately due to our location freight charges do affect our prices on certain items (especially refrigerated items), we try to use local produce and keep our costs competitive as best we can.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again at Kununurra Country Club Resort.
Resort Management
Australia
“Can I have some air please?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I reviewed this place a year ago and after reading that they had a new menu thought I would check it out again. The menu may be new but is sure is small! Only seven items for such a large restaurant and hotel I thought was a little poor.
Having said that I ordered the Linguine with onion and some kind of sausage meat and beans. It was actually quite good and for only $15 the serving size was decent.
I also ordered some wedges which were a small size but cooked to perfection. The sour cream however struggled with the heat and I was forever chasing it around the bowl with a wedge trying to get some to stick.
The heat I hear you say? Yes, the area for lunch has a big glass door behind the bar which for some reason they decided to keep to keep open even though it was 1pm and 38 degrees in the shade (I checked.) Chasing sour cream around a plate while I have sweet dripping down my back is not my idea of a nice lunch.

• Visited September 2012