“A must visit in Kununurra” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waringarri Art Gallery

Waringarri Art Gallery
Speargrass Road, (Opposite Kelly's Knob) | Kimberley Region, Kununurra, Western Australia 6743, Australia
08 9168 2212
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 24 things to do in Kununurra
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A must visit in Kununurra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After spending 4 weeks in Kununurra, the Waringarri Art Gallery was a last minute decision before I headed home, as I'd never had much interest in art.

I am so glad I decided to visit! The art is beautiful, and knowing several of the artists personally I can assure you very authentic! Not only is the art stunning and very diverse (something for everyone!), but the gallery is playing a hugely important role in preserving aspects of the Aboriginal culture.

Despite being a total art novice, the staff were happy to show me around and tell me about different techniques and subjects. I highly recommend the art gallery and encourage everyone to take a look!

Visited October 2012

San Francisco
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Outstanding and worthwhile experience; great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Three of us took 2 separate trips with Kimberley Air Tours while we were in Kununurra. One was to the mouth of the Berkeley River and the other was over the Bungle Bungles with a landing on Lake Argyle, after flying over the Argyle Diamond mine and then ending with an Ord River cruise. The experience was sensational and we strongly recommend both trips. The organization was excellent to deal with. Our pilot, Adam, gave an excellent commentary during both trips and took care of us. We can not fault them.

Visited July 2011
Sydney, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Unexpectedly excellent artwork”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

This was one of those visits I wasn't too bothered about doing, but went along anyway, but I was very impressed by the quality of the art and surroundings. Set in a newly refurbished building, and very well displayed, is the best selection of mainly local aboriginal art I have come across. Prices are reasonable, though I don't look forward to my amex bill, and the people very friendly and helpful. Check to see if any artists are working, best earlier in the day.

Visited June 2011