“Torturous” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Fleur de Felice

La Maison Fleur de Felice
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mas-Cabardes
La Maison Fleur de Felice
You added La Maison Fleur de Felice to your Saves list
12 Avenue du Moulin de Salles, 11380 Mas-Cabardes, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mas-Cabardes B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Torturous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

This place is a nightmare. Although the rooms were nice, clean and charmingly oldfashioned, the "service" was so bad that it turned our stay into a complete nightmare.

The hostess, who lives there by herself, kept telling us that, as the place is her home, we had better live by her rules. We are very quiet, considerate people, but she made us feel like criminals, constantly following us everywhere, asking weird, sometimes hostile questions and knocking on our door. Whenever we wanted to leave, she would hold us up and question us. The same when we came back. We literally didn't get a moment of peace the entire time.
When one day there was fecal-matter smeared on her door-step, she mentioned that there was some kind of feud going on between her and her neighbours, who had probably put it there. She doesn't speak French, and cannot give any useful advice on the area, yet insisted that we should follow her recommendations and kept telling us that whatever we had done during the day wasn't anywhere near as good as what she would have done, shaking her head and tut-tutting.
Even though she had told us that breakfast would be available from 8am onwards, she made it clear to us that she would not appreciate having to get up anywhere near that time to prepare our breakfast. So we would have to get up later. When there were other guests, she informed us that all the guests had to agree amongst each other when they would get up so that she would only have to prepare breakfast once.
The room was advertised as having a fridge/mini-bar, which was sorely needed as the nearest eating-facilities were not close-by. But the fridge was broken and when we informed her of this she did nothing.
When she found a broken tile in the bath-closet/toilet in our room (which by the way did not have a door), she demanded in a rather offensive way that we pay for it, even though it had clearly been broken before.
To top things, she told us to hand over our passports for the duration of our stay, saying that she wanted the option of witholding them in case there was something wrong. She was effectively wanting to keep us as hostages. Unbelievable but true.
Stay away from this place!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
FleurdeFelice, Owner at La Maison Fleur de Felice, responded to this review, April 24, 2011
It seems it is easy to destroy a previously perfect reputation and livelihood through a totally fabricated review, with wilful and maliciousness intended.

This young couple stayed at my B&B from 18th to 29th July 2009 and not 2010 as stated in the review. This review was then written 18 months later in December 2010. This in itself is questionable.

The couple had booked 11 nights and reserved a meal at my B&B on the arrival night, to dine at 9pm. I waited after midnight and realised this was a “no show” and placed the food in the fridge, then closed up for the night. The phone awoke me at 2.30am, with the couple demanding I open the door to let them in. Not wanting to leave the couple in trouble without a bed for the night, I let them in, only to be treated with aggression and threatening behaviour by the female, who demanded I serve the dinner she reserved, at 3am. Before eating, the man proceeded to inform me that they had no money as all their cash had to be handed over for their hire car. He continued to inform me that I would have to be paid on their return to Glasgow. I was naturally alarmed and concerned about his statement, but it was too early in the morning to totally consider the consequences of their actions.

Throughout the 1st week, the female guest was hostile and rude in her manner and speech to other guests staying at my establishment as well as to myself. This posed a difficulty for me, in bringing to their attention, remarks and complaints from other guests, because the female was very hostile and I was uncomfortable in her presence.

After the 1st week of antagonising behaviour and damage to the room, including breakages, damage to the tiles outside the shower, soggy carpets and water leaking into the room below, I realised the couple in question had been dishonest from the offset and asked them to pay me what I was owed to date and leave my establishment.

This prompted considerable verbal abuse from the female, but the man trying to calm her down, admitted the damage caused, apologised and offered to pay for all the damage on his return to Glasgow. I then informed the man that I was also concerned about non-payment for his room and he assured me that his salary was due into his UK bank account on the morning of his departure from my B&B, so I would be paid. He then offered me as a means of assurance, their passports, if I would let them stay the remainder of the term of their booking and assured me, that there would be no further upset, damage or problems from them. A friend concerned for my welfare reported the couple’s behaviour to the Police, who acknowledged it was acceptable to hold the passports as it was offered by the couple, until departure.

The morning of departure was as astonishing as the young couples stay. The female had smeared bright red nail polish, all over the white walls, furniture, bedding and carpet of the on facing guest room, which had been prepared for oncoming guests. The damage, which was discovered immediately after the couple’s departure, was witnessed and reported to the Police.

The review itself is total fabrication. This couples intolerable behaviour, made my life a living hell for 11 days and have now, some 18 months later, completely destroyed my reputation and livelihood. Reviews are helpful, if it is an accurate, true and honest account, but setting out to purposely hurt someone, is in itself fraudulent.

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed at Fleur de Felice a B&B outside Carcassonne in the Montagne Noire for the May Bank Holiday. The house is situated in a small village in the Montagne Noire which means a Euros 50 from the airport but is well worth the effort and expense. it is nicely decorated throughout with a real French feel to it and has a lovely garden and views. The bedrooms all have a different style and feel to them and the one under the roof was my favourite.
You can choose to have dinner there as well as breakfast and the landlady, Felicia, goes out of her way to look after you during your stay.
A good base for exploring both Carcassonne and the Pyrenees and taking in some clean mountain air away from the hustle and bustle of the town.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I just got back from my trip to France and stayed at La Maison Fleur De Felice for 3 nights...wow! I was travelling on my own and wanted to relax and get to know the area. From the moment I knocked on the door, I was welcomed by Felicia,s warm smiling face wecoming me to her home. My room was great with fantastic views and Felicia had prepared a book with all the information I needed to know along with a welcome basket.To say Felicia is a great hostess is an understatement. She supplied me with maps and information about the area and even checked if I needed places to rest and be alone, or company during my tour schdule. Felicia even informed me of some great walking trails and places where I could totally relax and get away from it all with not a soul around. I enjoyed the winding road drive to the village, which was not very far from carcassonne. I particulary enjoyed the evening meal and picnic lunch Felicia had prepared for me and swim in the mountain lakes. Excellent accommodation, hostess and a great place for relaxing. As a single traveler, I would highly recommend this b&b.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My wife & I stayed at Fleur De Felice for 2 nights at the start of a longer stay in the Languedoc-Roussillon area. As other reviwers have said Mas Cabardes is a slightly longer than expected drive from Carcassonne due to the windy roads - but it's worth the effort ! Felicia is an excellent host who wants your stay to be perfect and is also very knowledgeable about the history of the area and the local sights that are worth visiting ( of which there are many !) We stayed in the Rose D'Angelique room which is delightful both to sleep in but also just to relax, read and listen to the sound of the stream next door. If there is a downside there isn't much to do in the village of Mas Cabardes however that can also be an upside if one wants to get away from it all - and therre is an excellent restaurant, Sire de Cabaret, in the the adjacent village that Felicia recommended to us and is superb. All in all our expectations were exceeded - and how often can one say that nowadays !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

We were intending to stay for one night to visit Carcassonne and then move on. We ended up staying 3 nights as the house, room and host were such a delight. Felicia is the perfect host. The room was at the top of the house and very attractive and comfortable. We were recommended a local restaurant which was terrific - local food perfectly cooked. We will return!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
cork ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

My girlfriend and I recently flew to Carcassonne, southern France.
We had booked Maison de Fleur on the internet, we eventually found the quiet sleepy village of Mas Carbrades, and soon found our way to the Maison , .
We were welcomed by the lovely Felicia, and to say she was helpful,courteous and polite would be an understatement.
She made our stay a truly memorable ,special experience, the Maison itself is wonderful ,but Felicia is such a fabolous host, who cannot do enough for her guests.
This would be an ideal honeymoon location for a newly married couple.
We will definately return to this wondeful guesthouse and this wonderful lady some day.
10 out of 10 Highly recommended

t+m
ireland

• Liked — the ambiance of the building itself + the wonderful host felicia
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cambride
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Nice B&B in a tranquil village. It's not terribly close to Carcassonne, so you'll definitely need a car to get there. We stayed there on a trip from Carcassonne to Albi.

The owner is nice and tries to make the stay very relaxing. She also gave us good recommendations for restaurants.

Make sure that you have enough cash with you to pay for the room. Although the reservation requires a deposit through paypal, it's not possible to pay by credit card after your stay. The next ATM is quite far away.

• Liked — rooms are nicely decorated
  • Disliked — internet access is in the owner's office. The website did not make it clear that internet access would be so difficult
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Maison Fleur de Felice? Share your experiences!