“superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Fleur de Felice

La Maison Fleur de Felice
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mas-Cabardes
La Maison Fleur de Felice
12 Avenue du Moulin de Salles, 11380 Mas-Cabardes, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mas-Cabardes B&B and Inns
england
“superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I just got back from my trip to France and stayed at La Maison Fleur De Felice for 3 nights...wow! I was travelling on my own and wanted to relax and get to know the area. From the moment I knocked on the door, I was welcomed by Felicia,s warm smiling face wecoming me to her home. My room was great with fantastic views and Felicia had prepared a book with all the information I needed to know along with a welcome basket.To say Felicia is a great hostess is an understatement. She supplied me with maps and information about the area and even checked if I needed places to rest and be alone, or company during my tour schdule. Felicia even informed me of some great walking trails and places where I could totally relax and get away from it all with not a soul around. I enjoyed the winding road drive to the village, which was not very far from carcassonne. I particulary enjoyed the evening meal and picnic lunch Felicia had prepared for me and swim in the mountain lakes. Excellent accommodation, hostess and a great place for relaxing. As a single traveler, I would highly recommend this b&b.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My wife & I stayed at Fleur De Felice for 2 nights at the start of a longer stay in the Languedoc-Roussillon area. As other reviwers have said Mas Cabardes is a slightly longer than expected drive from Carcassonne due to the windy roads - but it's worth the effort ! Felicia is an excellent host who wants your stay to be perfect and is also very knowledgeable about the history of the area and the local sights that are worth visiting ( of which there are many !) We stayed in the Rose D'Angelique room which is delightful both to sleep in but also just to relax, read and listen to the sound of the stream next door. If there is a downside there isn't much to do in the village of Mas Cabardes however that can also be an upside if one wants to get away from it all - and therre is an excellent restaurant, Sire de Cabaret, in the the adjacent village that Felicia recommended to us and is superb. All in all our expectations were exceeded - and how often can one say that nowadays !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

We were intending to stay for one night to visit Carcassonne and then move on. We ended up staying 3 nights as the house, room and host were such a delight. Felicia is the perfect host. The room was at the top of the house and very attractive and comfortable. We were recommended a local restaurant which was terrific - local food perfectly cooked. We will return!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
cork ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

My girlfriend and I recently flew to Carcassonne, southern France.
We had booked Maison de Fleur on the internet, we eventually found the quiet sleepy village of Mas Carbrades, and soon found our way to the Maison , .
We were welcomed by the lovely Felicia, and to say she was helpful,courteous and polite would be an understatement.
She made our stay a truly memorable ,special experience, the Maison itself is wonderful ,but Felicia is such a fabolous host, who cannot do enough for her guests.
This would be an ideal honeymoon location for a newly married couple.
We will definately return to this wondeful guesthouse and this wonderful lady some day.
10 out of 10 Highly recommended

t+m
ireland

• Liked — the ambiance of the building itself + the wonderful host felicia
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cambride
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Nice B&B in a tranquil village. It's not terribly close to Carcassonne, so you'll definitely need a car to get there. We stayed there on a trip from Carcassonne to Albi.

The owner is nice and tries to make the stay very relaxing. She also gave us good recommendations for restaurants.

Make sure that you have enough cash with you to pay for the room. Although the reservation requires a deposit through paypal, it's not possible to pay by credit card after your stay. The next ATM is quite far away.

• Liked — rooms are nicely decorated
  • Disliked — internet access is in the owner's office. The website did not make it clear that internet access would be so difficult
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

What a lovely place to stay. My husband and I needed a quite break away and found this guesthouse while browsing on the internet. The pictures looked great but were nothing compared to the house, the gardens and the views we saw when we got there. La Maison Fluer De Felice is in a lovely little village not far from Carcassonne. It is a peaceful place to stay away from the City but we were easily able to drive up and down the mountain. The owner was very nice and very helpful, giving us lots of infomation on things to do in the local area. We had a few dinners at the house, as well as a lovely breakfast every day and very much enjoyed the company of the owner during our evening meals. We are now looking forward to going back again this year in the spring to enjoy the warm sunshine on the garden balcony and sit by the gently flowing stream.

• Liked — The rooms are beautiful.
  • Disliked — There is nothing we didn't like.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple

Been to La Maison Fleur de Felice? Share your experiences!