“Decent price and pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rooms from £61
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Howgate
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Decent price and pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Arrived early so had to wait for the room to be ready. No problem, there are tables outside and my wife used the laptop for a bit.

Rooms are quite "generic" in terms of decor, almost dystopian at first glance, but it turned out to be a nice enough stay and it was perfectly quiet. So I can't fault it at all!

Breakfast was decent at a good price and staff were friendly.

Bus stop is almost outside, so easy to get to/from the hotel - we went in and out of Whitehaven several times during our 2 night stay.

One of the better Travel Inns!

Room Tip: Room 43 has free Wi-Fi most of the time, as it's above the restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel is close to the places in Lake District that we wanted to visit.
The staff at Whitehaven to be very friendly.
The room is comfortable and clean but the floor is noisy so you hear all the steps from upstairs.
The bathroom is very nice and clean.
The breakfast is acceptable but there are not too many things to choose from and there is no cheese.
A good stay for a budget hotel.

Batley, West Yorks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here with another family of friends because we it was close to an event we were attending and we knew that there was a family friendly restaurant next door, however, when we arrived we were told that the restaurant next door we not accepting bookings for that evening. We thought was going to be a problem as we didn't know that area or of any other restaurants suitable for a party of 10 with 6 children, however, the receptionist was incredibly helpful and suggested a nearby resturant and gave us directions and I am so glad she did. The place she recommended was The Sunny Inn and the food and service were brilliant.

Our room in the hotel was large, clean and perfect for our needs. The comfort guarantee is reassuring but wasn't needed as the beds were very comfortable. We thought the hotel was very good value for money, particularly the breakfast, in which the kids ate as much as they wanted...for free! We have already booked again for a night in August.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have stayed in lots of Premier Inns and several times at Whitehaven when we have been 'gigging' in the area. We have always found the staff at Whitehaven to be very friendly, even when we arrive back in the early hours. Lovely comfortable bed. No complaints at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here a few times now and I would definitely always come back. The cleanest Premier Inn I have ever stayed in and the service from the reception and cleaners was absolutely fantastic. Lovely warm rooms and everything you could need when away from home. After reading some comments I thought I would pass on my view. I am a very fussy person but I would give this hotel at least 5 *. Thank you.

Room Tip: Been in every block and they are all as good as each other
Whitby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've spent only one night here - for work reasons. The room was as standard, but the most immaculately clean room I've been in so far. Hot water on tap, but have not yet (in any Premier Inn) worked out how to turn the heating up. I arrived in cold weather (snowing/windy) and so the room seemed a little on the chilly side. No matter, comfy bed - but I was in the part of the hotel facing to the back of the Brewers Fayre pub - and the noise of the extractor fans, which came on/off regularly all night, kept me awake. Reception was sympathetic, and made a note to put me into somewhere quieter on my next visit - which I was greatful for. I received a refund for my room under their policy of a Good nights sleep - with no quibbling. The staff at the Brewers Fayre were the MOST friendly I have every come across! Good food for dinner, good breakfast, but dinner spoiled by the numbers of children running wild around the restaurant - a fault of the parents I think. The breakfast waitress was one of the happiest early morning persons I have ever met.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Brewers Fayre for a quieter night
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked in for 3 nights for a much needed break, we arrived at 20.30 tired and hungry we were given a warm welcome from the staff on the reception desk we unpacked and went next door to the Brewers fayre attached to the hotel. The bar staff in the Brewers were a total contrast to the hotel they were rude and unfriendly the service was appalling, we went to order food at 21.45 at 21.58 when we finally got served we were told that food was no longer available, we settled for crisps and nuts too tired to argue. We had a couple of drinks and went to the room, , there was no hot water in the sink but was in the bath (bazaar) then went to bed, the bed was so uncomfortable we barely slept at 2am rally car racing started in the street. We complained the next morning alongside another 2 couple's also complaining. We then spent the rest of the day trying to find another hotel but we were unable to get one. Forced into staying another night we tried to make the best of a bad situation, grabbed a bar snack and went to bed the heating had broken down and this was the end for me I slept (sort of) with a woolen shawl and pyjamas. We got up very early packed and left with a full refund along with our fellow guests. We hit the ground running to put as much distance between us and Whitehaven Premiere Inn as possible. We drove to Bolton Abbey and stayed at the Devonshire Arms and it more than made up for our awful experience. The food was fantastic, the staff were fantastic, the room was fantastic, the Spa was fantastic so all ended in a high quality experience well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Whitehaven, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howgate
Seacote Hotel
#2 of 2 in Cleator
3.5 of 5 stars 26 reviews
Melbreak Country House Hotel
The Corner House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Premier Inn Whitehaven? Share your experiences!