“Wow what a lovely place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McCracken Country Club

You added McCracken Country Club to your Saves list
McCracken Country Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   McCracken Drive, McCracken, Victor Harbor, South Australia 5211, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McCracken
“Wow what a lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

After a long day of driving and sight seeing we looked for a nice and easy place to stay. McCracken had great reviews, reasonable rates, somewhere to eat and a king bed! The staff, bistro and room where excellent. As were the views and facilities, but unfortunately it was freezing, so golf was not on our list of must dos. The fireplaces however were one of our favourite places. We highly recommend this place and plan to spend more time next time we are down this way.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan C, General Manager at McCracken Country Club, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased that you found our facilities to your liking and were able to beat the winter cold by relaxing next to the fireplaces. Hopefully nest time you visit it will be a bit warmer and you will be able to try the golf course.

Kind regards

Dan Court

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We arrived before official check-in time and were pleased to be able to check-in early. The room consisted of a kitchen/Living area and a separate bedroom area with a nice balcony.
It might be because we check-in early but there were crumbs on the dining table from the previous guest. Other than that, the room was very clean.
Both areas had a TV which allowed my husband to watch the World Cup in the middle of the night without waking me up!
We ordered room service for dinner and had a pretty decent Sunday roast(about A$16) for what was probably the cheapest dinner we had on our whole trip from Melbourne to Adelaide.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for comments about your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to note that your room was not as clean as should have been and I have discussed this with my house keepers. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our Sunday roast without leaving your room. We think it's pretty good for the price. Hopefully if you are in the area we will see you again sometime.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family of 4 had the pleasure to stay overnight at a 2 bedroom apartment in McCracken. It's a stop over on our way back from Kangaroo Island as my kids wanted to go to Greenhill Adventure Park the next day, so this hotel is a good choice as it's very near to the park. As we arrived late at night, did not have a good look at the surrounding. However, we were very pleased to see that the apartment was modern, neat, clean and well equip with kitchen utensils. We felt so comfortable and had a restful night. In the morning, we were surprised to be greeted by an awesome view of the golf course. It's such a pity that we do not have time to enjoy the facilities as we are rushing off to the park. If we have the opportunity to come back again, we will definitely choose this hotel again for a longer stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your great comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our 2 bedroom apartments. We believe these are great for family getaways. It's disappointing that you were only with us for a short time, however Greenhill Adventure Park is definitely worth a visit. Hopefully next time you visit you can stay longer and experience the facilities better.

Kind regards

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked a room on 6th June 2014 for one night and I am glad I did not book for more than just one night. We were three, two of us slept in the queen bed and one of us in the sofa bed. Sleeping for one night in the queen bed gave me a back pain as the matress was sagged down by about 5 cm and the poor one who slept in the sofa bed could not walk properly next day as that sofa bed was sagged down about 8 to 10 cm in the middle.

Obviously none of us will be staying in McCracken Hotel ever again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am genuinely surprised to read your comments in regards to your recent stay with us. I understand that sofa beds can be a bit uncomfortable for some people however I cannot recall in all my time here receiving any complaints about the comfort of our queen beds. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly and tell me which room you stayed in so I can check on the quality of bed for myself.

Kind regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have stayed at McCracken quite a few times over the last 7 years. Last year we noticed that it had declined and corners cut but the prices were still quite expensive, so this year for our anniversary we decided to give it a miss. Until they had the eofy special, we booked and stayed for 2 nights. Customer Service and cleanliness has improved since our last visit but something has happened to the water pressure in the shower only, the rest of the pressure was fine. It has never been like this before and we have stayed in many different rooms over the years. Also charging $4.50 for fresh fruit and receiving two dessert spoons of tinned fruit is a bit disappointing. We do love coming here and find it very relaxing but we will think twice now and will most probably only choose discounted visits. Our meals were great and compliments to the chef.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for comments in regards to your latest visit to us. It's nice to hear that the customer service levels have improved from your previous visit and I'm glad you enjoyed your meals.
I apologise for the lack of water pressure during your visit. I believe one of our circulation pumps was out of action. This has now been fixed. Hopefully you will decide to visit us again sometime and you will be able to experience the continued improvements in our product.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a fabulous 3 night stay at this very impressive country club. We stayed in a balcony room which had the most beautiful view over the golf course and surrounding houses that back on to the course. Even though the weather was cold it didn't matter. The accommodation was great and even though we didn't eat in we did have a continental breakfast which was excellent. Everyone was extremely friendly. It is on the outskirts of Victor Harbour, one of the most scenic places in SA and if you're interested in visiting wineries take a picturesque drive to some of the best wineries in Australia. We were so impressed with our stay we have rewarded our daughter and her husband with a visit next week.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan C, General Manager at McCracken Country Club, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such a fantastic review. Isn't Victor Harbor a great place to visit? Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to all of the staff. We look forward to seeing you back again.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place seems nice on paper, but its simply wore out. I suppose its nice to be right on the golf course, but the place just needs a complete renovation. Although crowded, the bar/restaurant was somewhat depressing. The reception staff was nice, but not very knowledgeable about the area... eg. restaurants, etc.

Hidden secret if you're on a long journey- there is free laundry in the apartment buildings attached the to hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It is disappointing to note that our décor wasn't to your liking however we are constantly making changes in an effort to keep things fresh. If you're ever in the area again I hope you come back and give us another try.

Dan Court
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCracken
Anchorage at Victor Harbor
Apollon Motor Inn
Apollon Motor Inn
#6 of 6 in Victor Harbor
3.5 of 5 stars 69 reviews

Been to McCracken Country Club? Share your experiences!