“Excellent hotel, friendly and professional staff and afforbably priced” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Residencia del Paseo

You added La Residencia del Paseo to your Saves list
La Residencia del Paseo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Paseo de la Costanera, Las Terrenas | Calle Juan Pablo Duarte 272, Las Terrenas 32000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Las Terrenas
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
“Excellent hotel, friendly and professional staff and afforbably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am a native of the Dominican Republic but have lived in the United States for over 20 years. I have stayed at La Residencia del Paseo twice this year and I could not be more delighted with the facilities, the staff, and, of course, the price.

The hotel is very clean all throughout and the grounds are very well kept. Also, it is very kid friendly. There is a green area around the pool where the kids can play or to have a family picnic. The swimming pool is spacious and it has a shallow section for the children. Also, there is a small restaurant/bar pool side that serves fresh food (including freshly caught fish) from late morning until late night. If you prefer, there is actually a stove in some of the rooms. We used it a couple of times to cook breakfast.

There are many restaurants right next to and around the hotel. Anywhere from a 1 minute walk to a five minute ride. And the food the restaurants offer varies from Caribbean, to French, to Italian, etc. I was amazed at the choices.

Also, they offer free WiFi (Yes!). There are many hotels all over the place that charge you an arm an a leg for WiFi but not here. Again, an unexpected surprise.

Lastly, the hotel is about 200 yards from a golden sand beach. The beach is clean and the water is always clear and warm. How can you go wrong?

Having stayed a many hotels in the past both in the United States and Eurpoe, I can not say enough about the hospitality, cleanliness, professionalism, and affordability of La Residencia del Paseo. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Make sure you specify to get a room with an AC. It can get very hot and humid during the months of J...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
deshaies
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

the arrival: pay the full price and tell me that if i pay with credit card its 18 per cent extra tax
bring me to my room turn on the tv and tell me that its no connection todaybut it should be fixemy tv had a problem told the reception nobody show up and i fixzd the cable connection myself
d by 6 pm
reception: no information of nothing but nothing at all about the hotel or las terrenas plus i had to go later and ask for teh code for the wifi which was good only one day and did not work the rest of the days
teh electricity turn off and no generator to get eletricity of emergency so everything turn off the air conditionning the tv the wi fi wich needed to be replugged when teh elctricity is coming back but i had to ask to replugged it because nobody movethe day of the departure i left the keys and nobody told me nice to see you again or tahnk you not even a good bye: this is the worst place i have been to plus that booking .com
indicates that we should have a microwave and the reception told me that no rooms has a microwavex i was there 2 nights and no changes of towels no add of shampoo i just got a small shampoo for 2 person for 2 nights

Room Tip: no tips because terrible
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Falun, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was gladly surprised when I arrived at that hotel. I read many other reviews about that hotel, some of them were not very good. I found this hotel one of the best I lived in. It situates in the center and also on the beach with a kitchen, lovely decorated room, big screen TV, good air conditioner and a big balcony with a candles for romantic use. All the rooms viewed beautiful, peaceful garden with a pool. Everything was very quite and nice though hotel was right in the center os Las Terrenas. I could buy fresh fish and lobsters from the fishermen on the beach and prepare it in my kitchen.
I loved the stuff, very helpful and nice. There was free WIFI. They had a good security 24 hours. It is also situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of Las Terrenas
Everything was very nice and convinient. I will defenetly come back here and I hope very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in abroad. I am a simple New Yorker who can't even find a decent well priced hotel in NY that compares to this. The staff is amazing and friendly and always helpful. They take pride in their work and what they can offer to their guest. Chef Jazmin is awesome and cooks from the heart, the receptionist staff are always there for you with a smile, them maintenance women and men are just a great pleasure to be around. I can't say enough good things about this place. Oh and it also helps that is 10 feet from the beach! can't be any better vacation!

Room Tip: I would suggest an A/C room, it's about $10 more per night but worth it considering how hot it c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week in April, 2013, and the experience was great. The staff was very nice and helpful. Very clean, and the best part of all is that it's situated right in the middle of everything! We didn't even need a car! Def. recommend it, and we are def. coming back! Also, there was free WIFI which was great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fort McMurray, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We visited the Las Terrenas in January 2013 as one of many destinations on our road trip around the Dominican Republic. I must admit that La Residencia del Paseo would not have been my first choice but everything else was booked by the time I got around reserving accommodations for this leg of our journey. The hotel grounds are not bad in the central part of the property. The pool is dated but appeared to be well maintained. The furnishings are older but do the trick. The property on the outer perimeter of the hotel are not quite so inviting and the ditching at the bottom of the STAIRS,,from our third floor walk up smelled of sewer and was actually nauseating. The room itself was somewhat clean but the washroom smelled of serious mildew and mold which permeated throughout the entire room so it was a very uncomfortable place to spend the night. I did look at pictures of this place before I reserved and they did show the age of the place but I was fine with that, but our room was very poorly furnished and we had to very narrow twin beds for my husband and I to sleep in and our son slept in the loft upstairs that had a double bed and a lamp in it...and that is absolutely it..not even a nightstand to put the lamp on. I have a sensitivity to mold and mildew and it was so strong that it actually triggered what I think was an onset of asthma or something..anyway I was wheezing by the next morning. We walked to the beach from the hotel and found a nice place to have breakfast the next day and I must say the only good thing that I might find to say about this hotel is it's location. We had two nights booked at this hotel but I none of us could stand the thought of spending another night in that room and it's horrid smell so we went to the front desk and told them that we would be checking out early and that we were extremely disappointed in our room. They advised us that we would not be refunded our money and we were ok with that. We did not ask for a refund or expect one we just could not bring ourselves to spend one more night in that place. Oh and by the way our room was on the third floor with no elevators and caring luggage up three flights of stairs is not much fun..oh and the air conditioning..not working..noisy late at night when partiers return from the beach bars... and again I must mention the smell that was so strong taking a shower in the room was horrid for all of us...I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason..

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel possibly has the best location in all of Las Terrenas, right next door to the beach, to all the interesting boutiques and to many of the best restaurants. The rooms enclose a tranquil, lush garden that is always a pleasure to relax in, well away from the noise and exhaust fumes of the street. There are organized activities beside the pool every day, such as stretching exercises or latin dance lessons (e.g. salsa and bachata). The rooms themselves are on the small side with basic furnishings, but they are clean, comfortable and have all you really need. My studio had a kitchenette where I was able to prepare many meals. The rooms are screened in so there are very few mosquitoes, and quiet. There is also a good-sized fan. Maid service is only about every 3 days, so this place is not for the hopelessly untidy. There is a nice bar/cafe beside the pool which always has a tasty daily special, different every day, if you are too lazy to venture out to a restaurant. I would definitely go back here; you cannot beat the location, and you get full value for the economical rates.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Residencia del Paseo? Share your experiences!