Having stayed at several hotels all over the island, my expectations weren't that high of this hotel but I was nonetheless disappointed. The exterior is beautiful, lots of wood went into the construction and the grounds are very well kept. However, the interior was nothing to write home about. I was on a third floor room with an interior "staircase" to get up to the second room. The stairs were more like a ladder they were so steep and the stairs extremely narrow. Quite dangerous if you decided to go down to the washroom at night. The kitchen is only accessible thru the balcony or over a counter that divides it from the rest of the room, not too useful when you've got the a/c on to keep the place cool. The A/C worked well but was quite noisy. And since I paid extra, I had a/c and "hot" water. The water was at best lukewarm and the shower tiny with the curtain rod held up by a chain tied to the roof. If you pulled just a tad too hard, one side would come off and the curtain would slip off. One morning there was no water and when informed, the manager almost rudely informed us that he was aware of the problem and was waiting for the technician. The upstairs bed (Queen or King) was comfortable but the 2 twins on the first floor were very soft and you could feel the springs in some places. Location-wise, it's quite good, located behind a plaza that's right across the street from the beach. No beach chairs there though so either sit on your towel in the sun or walk down to the right about 400-500m and rent one. For dinner, definitely go to Restaurante La Yuca. Great pizza, good pasta and very nice service.
So overall, it was ok for a short weekend stay but I wouldn't have spent a longer period there. For someone looking for a less expensive option and doesn't mind the abovementioned details, then go ahead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residencia del Paseo Located in the heart of Las Terrenas, Samana, only 50 meters away from all restaurants, bars, shops and an amazing tropical white sandy beach, the Residencia del Paseo Apart Hotel is a true hidden oasis, offering a high level of tranquillity for those who enjoy hotel service but with the privacy that garden apartments allow. Enjoy our BBQ, situated in our gardens, overlooking the pool. You could give pleasure to your friends or family cooking your barbecue With its privileged site and setting, abundant and harmonious spaces, the hotel La Residencia del Paseo gives you the best of the Dominican Republic for an unforgettable vacation experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your La Residencia del Paseo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residencia Del Paseo Hotel Las Terrenas
- La Residencia Del Paseo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic