We just returned from a great vacation at Balcones. My cousin got married there on Saturday. The wedding was unbelievably gorgeous. No detail was overlooked. Our stay at the hotel was very nice. The apartments are huge and have wonderful amenities. The grounds and pool and short walk to the beach were also great. The beach itself is stunning and almost private. We checked out another hotel nearby and were overwhelmed by how many people were there. I was so glad we weren't staying there. The staff, especially the waiters were amazing. So sweet. They worked so hard! The front desk even called an artist who had exhibited paintings there earlier in the week so he could bring me the painting I liked before I left.
The food was also very good. The included breakfast was amazing. It included scarmbled eggs, sausage, mashed plantains, fruit, etc. A really generous offering.
My only complaint is that they were a bit stingy with toilet paper and towels. There also were no towels available at or near the pool and, given how few we had in the apartment, we were very short. Other than that, everything was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Balcones del Atlantico, the newest luxury resort in the Dominican Republic. Balcones features lavish one- two and three bedroom villa suites, a beachfront Spa, Porto, a beachfront restaurant and bar, and a wide variety of Caribbean vacation activities including watersports, eco-tourism and more. Get the full luxury experience by staying at the Penthouse Villa where you will enjoy a rooftop deck offering incredible views, an impressive private plunge pool, and close to 4000 sq ft. of luxury space for 6 to 7 friends or family. Located on the Dominican Republic's Samana Peninsula, Balcones del Atlantico is nestled in a lush tropical oasis on nearly a kilometer of Playa Las Terrenas. Discover some of the world's most pristine beaches, untouched landscapes and underwater splendors while enjoying world-class accommodations and amenities. Check out our current Caribbean vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Balcones del Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balcones Del Atlantico, a Rock Hotel Las Terrenas
- Balcones Del Atlantico Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic