“Very peaceful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Las Terrenas
Manhasset, NY
“Very peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We just returned from a great vacation at Balcones. My cousin got married there on Saturday. The wedding was unbelievably gorgeous. No detail was overlooked. Our stay at the hotel was very nice. The apartments are huge and have wonderful amenities. The grounds and pool and short walk to the beach were also great. The beach itself is stunning and almost private. We checked out another hotel nearby and were overwhelmed by how many people were there. I was so glad we weren't staying there. The staff, especially the waiters were amazing. So sweet. They worked so hard! The front desk even called an artist who had exhibited paintings there earlier in the week so he could bring me the painting I liked before I left.

The food was also very good. The included breakfast was amazing. It included scarmbled eggs, sausage, mashed plantains, fruit, etc. A really generous offering.

My only complaint is that they were a bit stingy with toilet paper and towels. There also were no towels available at or near the pool and, given how few we had in the apartment, we were very short. Other than that, everything was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Maxaida M, General Manager at Balcones del Atlantico, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and I thank you for the details you highlighted as it is important for us to know what our guest appreciate.

We will be delighted to welcome you and make your next stay a perfect one!

I send you my kindest regards along with my appreciation, once again, for taking the time to provide detailed feedback of our property.

My best regards!

Balcones del Atlántico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Beautiful grounds, beautiful beach, immaculate accommodations. However, my review is heavily influenced by the professional and discrete service from Ramon (head of security) and Darling (manager) when I experienced a 'stranger-in-a-strange-land' incident in the Dominican. Basically, they helped defuse a potential disastrous situation that appeared out of nowhere. Ramon's experience as a former police officer and Darling's tactful insight helped rescue my visit. I know this is a strange review, but I would never stay anywhere else in Samaná.

Room Tip: If you can get a penthouse, it really adds to the ambiance.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Balcones del Atlántico. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. We continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

My best regards!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful beach, wonderful apartment, nice service, what else could you ask?
The beach is perfect for kids, is quiet and calm and you can watch them from the bar or restaurant.

The apartments are big, with a modern tropical elegant furniture and a good housekeeping, you feel like at home.

• Stayed August 2013

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

See you soon in paradise!

Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a great time at Balcones del Atlantico. This place is well decorated and clean. The rooms were marvelous and the bathrooms were just phenomenal. Staff was pleasant and helpful. I would not have any problem going there again, in fact, if I go back to Las Terrenas, Balcones del Atlantico will be my first choice. All it needs is to be all inclusive and no other place will be better than this one in Samana and las Terrenas.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a great stay with our kids at Balcones del Atlantico. The apartment are clean and nicely decorated. The staff is friendly and responds quickly when we needed something. The restaurant (Porto) is very good and has great staff. The beach is just wonderful--very clean and safe for children. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay away from the crazy all inclusive surreal resorts in Samana, this is the place. One of the most comfortable accommodations I've ever been to, and it is certainly in one of the most peaceful places in the DR. Highly recommend if you are looking for a place to rest or spend with the family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were welcomed by Eunice with a big smile and everyday Delmys or someone at the front desk helped with items we needed. It was an adventure between Spanish and English. You are in a Spanish country so bring your dictionary and learn a little of their language.
The beach is private, beautiful and clean. The three bedroom villa more than exceeded our expectations and the food at the restaurant was delicious. It was French food with a Peruvian infusion.
If you want life to slow down and time away from the noise and your business this is the place for you. Remember you on island time where things move slower and people enjoy people and conversation.
If you have a problem go to Delmys. I told my husband she has connections. We wanted to have breakfast before leaving for the airport and she arrange to have it sent to the room without an extra charge. This is true service that I haven't seen in years. Thanks to the staff that made our trip incredible.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. We stayed in the three bedroom villa which had room for nine people. We wer...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Balcones del Atlantico? Share your experiences!