This place was a total suprise. We booked a very last minuet trip for the Presidents week break, and did little research about the place and about the area. All I knew was, it was an easy flight from NYC and the size of the unit offered ample space for my husband, son, and I ( which is a priorty when traveling with a 17 year old). Upon arrive we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath penthouse w/ jacuzzi. It could not have been more beautifully appointed and comfortable. We had none of the problems that the pervious reviewer had with our unit. It was stocked with water, ice, had a large bathrooms and tons of closet space.
Many reviewer have commented that this is not a full service hotel. On some levels that is ture, however, our experience was that the service was there, but just not as polished or experienced as a concierge is at a brand hotel or in an area that is a big tourest destination. However, with that said, the day we arrived I sat down with David, a lovely concierge, and arrange everything. All our dinner reservations, all our taxies, and all our activities, and everything ran perfectly smoothly. I do think they could do a better job of promoting what there is to do in the area, and what the facility has to offer. A weekly list of activities and suggestions would go a long way. We truely felt the resort and the town of Las Terrenas had a lot to offer. It just need to be packed and promoted a little better by the staff.
As to that area, we loved it. What a suprise!!!!! Las Terrence is charming, with beautiful restaurants and magnificent beaches. There were few Americans, the area seems to be a hot spot for Europenas, and yes there was little english. However, we loved that and did not find it a problem at all.It just was not that hard to get by.
We travel a lot, have been all over the world and stay in very high end resorts and hotels. With that said, this hotel hold its own. The units a large and beautiful, the beach, bar area and restaurant on the property are as spectacular as any I have seen. Yes, they do need to step it up a bit in terms of polished staff and hotel sevices. But for the beauty & value that Balcones has to offer, we will definitetly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Balcones del Atlantico, the newest luxury resort in the Dominican Republic. Balcones features lavish one- two and three bedroom villa suites, a beachfront Spa, Porto, a beachfront restaurant and bar, and a wide variety of Caribbean vacation activities including watersports, eco-tourism and more. Get the full luxury experience by staying at the Penthouse Villa where you will enjoy a rooftop deck offering incredible views, an impressive private plunge pool, and close to 4000 sq ft. of luxury space for 6 to 7 friends or family. Located on the Dominican Republic's Samana Peninsula, Balcones del Atlantico is nestled in a lush tropical oasis on nearly a kilometer of Playa Las Terrenas. Discover some of the world's most pristine beaches, untouched landscapes and underwater splendors while enjoying world-class accommodations and amenities. Check out our current Caribbean vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Balcones del Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balcones Del Atlantico, a Rock Hotel Las Terrenas
- Balcones Del Atlantico Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic