It was very good experience for me, my wife and for our friends. It was our 4th visit into DR for the last 15 years. We were in different places, not all of them were nice. To make the story short I will tell we this resort was the best. We liked everything: friendly customer service, accommodation, food, and beach. 2 times we rented the car in the hotel and we visited waterfall in El Limon, Samana town, the island with other Bahia resort and Playa Ricon beach. It was very easy to drive in Samana: the roads are good. What is very important we save a lot of money and we did the excursions on our own schedule. On the left and on the right from the resort there is the beautiful sand beach. You can walk, swim or sit down under the palm and wait when the coconut fall down on your head. Nice. We booked the vacation package in Cheap Caribien with flight from JFK by JetBlue (very good plane), in addition we did reservation in "Optima Taxi Samana" for the round trip to resort and back. The owner of the company was accurate and polite and we are ready to recommend this company. What else. What we do not like- the show. It is common for any resort and to be honest there were a lot of people who liked it. I recommend to spend in Samana at least 10-14 days. You will like it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 3 a la carte restaurants 4 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 462 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Club Hacienda Junior Suite and Superior Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic