8 OF US 40-50 YEARS FRIENDS JUST RETURNED HOME FROM eL PORTILLO.We had a wonderful trip. Resort is small does not matter where your rooms are 5 minuete walk from everything. Some rooms have nicer views than others. We are not fusy we don't spend much time in the room. Typical Bahia rooms everything you need. Everything clean. Safes are tricky we thought ours didn't work for a couple of days but ask the manager at the front desk there is a trick to there use. Staff are very curteous you may need to speak with a manager over any important issues they speak excellent english. We all loved the food, hot, plentiful, good variety. We loved the italian not so crazy about the gormet. Wine lovers said the red was ok sweet but palitable. Beach bar, Pool bar excellent service, good drinks. Not so with the lobby bar. Very slow. Inconsistant drinks we couldn't pay for a good Mohito. We brought our own Baileys. They stick to there pay for premium liquor policy. Drinks which have been included in the other 5 Bahia's are charged here and many of them they do not have just empty bottles displayed on the bar. If you have a go to drink you may want to pick up some at the duty free. If you feel like getting off the resort. GO TO ONE LOVE! It was the super bowl while we were there so we took a cab in to one love in Las Terranas. Terry ( Canadian) has a lovely little spot on the beach with big screen Tv"s showing all the major sporting events. Football, Hockey UFC to name a few. We had a great night. If you go in definetely try there chicken wings fries and poutine. All eight of us are still talking about that food. Only regret we didn't go back for more. The Zip lining, whale watching tours were a hit amongst our group as well. Last but not least. Cuba, myan riveria,Bavaro beach have nothing on this beach. You can walk forever and it only gets more and more beautiful. We will return. Good value for your vacation dollars. Feel free to ask questions and have a great vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 3 a la carte restaurants 4 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 462 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Club Hacienda Junior Suite and Superior Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic