Went to El Portillo for one week starting Feb. 7th and was very impressed (after the first day). The only problem was a misinterpretation of where the Royal Golden suites were located. I had thought from the different sites I visited that Royal Golden suites were buildings 1/3 which are closest to the beach/lobby/restaurants/pool but upon arrival we were in building 12 at the very back of the property. We were informed that all the building 1-12 were the upgraded suites. After the 1st day, we didn't mind in the least as we were right beside the 'quiet' pool which we used every day and the walk to the beach, etc was not long at all and there are also shuttles available.
Most of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Carlos - the asst. manager was friendly, helpful and charming. Alexander, the bartender at the quiet pool, was very nice and remembered what I drank and he seemed to be genuinely glad to see you. I'm not sure of his name but I think it's Ricardo in the buffet restaurant was superb.
The beach was amazing and I wouldn't have worried about my grandchildren playing in the water as it was the calmest oceanside beach I have ever been to. There is a capaccino machine in the beach restaurant that was excellent.
If I were to return to any resort, this would be the one.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- El Portillo
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.