We strongly recommended this resort. For first time traveller with young children it is the perfect place. The ocean is calm and very secure. This resort has everything you need. The accommodations were of high quality, the staffs are especially friendly. With or without tips, they work very hard to please you.
Everything you need is on the resort and there is no need to go elsewhere unless you want to sightsee or shops in the local flee market.
We meet someone very special whom we call our angel: Her name Maria Bonsenor, she is the second big manager of the hotel. It was my second time at this hotel; she makes sure I got my special gift. This person is always giving outstanding services to everyone. She is very friendly with a big heart, she always ensure all tourists have everything they need during their stay. You see her all around the hotel at the beach, restaurant and lobby. She ensured all tourist enjoyed they stay. She always takes the time to talk with tourist to ensure we have outstanding services regard the time of the day, she took her job very seriously and she is proud to work for this hotel. I hope to see you again Maria, thank you for your excellent services.
The food is very good, and the price for this hotel was excellent too.
The hotel has made some upgrade since my last stay especially for the golden guess. The office for golden guess is now in the main lobby before it was in a small house outside the hotel, this is much better than before. The staff which we make reserve for the restaurant could speak very good French, this is good if you do not speak English. The restaurants a la carte were better than before, the services a bit slow but we were on holiday so no stress. Staffs in all dining area were very friendly and always smiling. They make you feel like you’re part of their family.
The animation (Daniel) and all other were excellent and very friendly. Over all we had a wonderful vacation without any negative comment. We were very impresses and we recommend this place to any visitor.
Sandra and Josée family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools Jacuzzi Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball net on the beach Water activity and scuba diving centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Entertainment theatre Main buffet restaurant and 3 a la carte restaurants 4 Bars Snack-bar Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, bars and disco. Rooms 462 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Club Golden Junior Suite, Club Hacienda Junior Suite and Superior Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Air conditioning Ceiling fan Terrace or balcony Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (with additional charge) WiFi (additional charge) Ironing set (available on request) Superior Junior Suite: balcony or terrace, sitting area with sofa-bed, ironing set, coffee-making facilities, private guest service phone line, umbrella, VIP amenities. Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Bahia Scout Water park Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Personalised diets on request and subject to circumstances Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas
- El Portillo Beach Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic