“Excellent Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 33 hotels in Las Terrenas
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Excellent Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Loved it! It was a short stay, only one night, but it was enough to enjoy a pleasant experience...The hotel is just a few step away from the beach, we could enjoy the view and the ocean breeze from our room..Less than 5 minutes drive to all the shops and restaurants in town.

Breakfast was delicious, toasts, scrambled eggs, coffee, milk, orange juice, cheese and fruits.. Room was clean, simple but nicely decorated.

This a a beautiful little hotel for the traveler that is not looking for luxuries, but a clean and nice place to stay with a friendly staff and close to everything in Las Terrenas. I forgot the name of the lady at the front desk, but she was very nice and very helpful, she is the manager of the hotel.

Would definitely come back and would recommend to my friends as well!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mississauga, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I recently stayed in Cabarete in the Dominican Republic with friends who suggested a three day excursion trip to Samana, focusing our stay in Las Terrenas. I have visited many Carribean countries as well as the very commercial parts of the Dominican Republic many times and my experiences have always been at 4 and 5 star, all inlusive hotels. What a breath of fresh air this little town and wonderful hotel were! It was so refreshing to go to a town that is not dominiated by state of the art,, sterile, high rise hotels. The Cocoa Plaza is a charming little hotel with tons of charisma and hands-down, one of the best rooms that I have ever experienced. I had to write a review after reading the one before mine as I couldn't believe that we stayed in the same place. As other reviews have said, it is a warm, friendly, family run hotel where nothing is too much for the owners to accommodate your needs. I could not believe my eyes when I was lead up to my penthouse suite (only four stories up), to a huge, beautiful suite. The best part was the phenominal outdoor terrace which is surrounded by palm trees and overlooking the ocean, complete with wicker couch, large round table and chairs and an amazing view. My suite had a huge living room with little picture windows, framed with white muslin curtains, a kitchen (a little outdated, but spotlessly clean and ample room with larkge fridge, stove and microwave). My bedroom was large and the bed was comfy and I had a beautiful bathroom with walk in shower and very clean. Breakfast is served in the outdoor reception area, very cozy and under the thatched roof with white billowy curtains framing the dining area. The selection was limited but for the money, I've got no complaints what so ever. Fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, toast and wonderful coffee, an exceptional deal for $95 per night! Highly recommend and would go back in a heartbeat. (a great tip, the littlle restaurant next door has a lively and fun lattin dance night on Saturday night where the staff will start dancing around your table and encourage you to get up and try it - lots of fun. Will be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the penthouse on the fourth floor, overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Zagreb, Croatia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We came to Las Terenas late in the evening without making prior hotel reservations because we planed to do direct check in at the hotel desk (day earlier we saw at the internet that there are many availabilities and vacancies (we did not have any problems, in any country until now). Soon we realised that reception desks of all hotels, rentals, bungalows and any other sleaping facilities are closed (no 24 hour reception). We were facing sleaping at the beach. We were going from a hotel to a hotel asking is it possible to do a check in. Only one opened was Coco Plaza (in fact security guard woke up receptionist). The lady receptionist was nice enough to help us and finaly we received a room key. For that I'm very greatefull to her. In such situation we couldn't be picky about the room.

The room was at the ground floor and I felt mold smell (I hate this smell. Be carefull when traveling to Carribbeans about this. It is not the first time that at the hotel photo room looks ok, but when you enter the room it smels bad. The furniture in this hotel is worn out and detail renovation is needed. I wouldn't stay there if I don't have to. Especially not for 70 USD/night.

The breakfast was good.

Room Tip: For the same amount of money you can find much better room/apartment in Dom. Rep.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I arrived to this hotel in Las Terrenas I felt the coziness you can only feel on family managed hotel. The welcome is warm and the staff is kind. The couple that manages the hotel is always supervising and tking care of their guests and make you feel at home. The hotel is extremely clean (I am picky with cleaness)
There is a security guard up all night and the managers live in the hotel, so I felt safe. Breakfast is really good with a variety of season's tropical fruits scumbled eggs, juice, coffee (very tasty) and milk.
Location is good as well, a fewnsteps from rhe beach and 10 minutes ealking from restaurants and bars.
The only thing I would add to this hotel is some lighting in the parking lot behind the hotel, that is scary dark.
Overall for the price you pay is an excellent option!

• Stayed January 2013
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Its a small B&B but it has everything you need plus service is really good and the breakfast is also good. You get to try some of the local food...The location is good, the beach is just a few meters aways and the restaurants and bars are about 500m or a bit more. The price is good..I will definitely stay again in the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Santiago, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Nice these little hotel , have good details, and it is service..... it have an affordable rate, quiet and secure just few meters from the beach................................................................

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Lee, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

What more can I say about this hotel? I fell in love with the location, attention, and facilities provided. The quality well exceeded the amenities received at the hotel. It was amazingly priced for two people (breakfast and taxes included)! The administration is constantly assuring that its clients needs are met. I know that all of my trips to Las Terrenas will be spent in Coco Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Coco Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!