We booked a secret escape deal at this hotel on 21/2/13.The hotel was very pleasant. A cosy looking reception and bar area. The room was very clean and pleasantly decorated ( nice clean white quit). The spa was of a good quality. But here comes the "however" .... This hotel could be so much better with just a few tweaks- The receptionist didn't have much knowledge of the rooms (it would make so much difference if she was familiar with the types of rooms the hotel has - a simple tour of the rooms would solve this). We were not shown to our room- the room was down three corridors and a flight of stairs -it would have made a much better first impression if we had been shown to our room ( its always nice when this is done as it also gives the guest the chance to comment on the room) . The room was very small - but it did have a king size bed and two chairs so perfectly adequate.
The spa- we were surprised that robes and slippers were not provided, I have never been to a spa where these are not standard. There is not any clear signage to the spa area but after asking two members of staff we found it. The changing rooms were noisy and not very clean, perhaps it was a busy day. It was also noisy in the pool area ( cant be helped when there are lots of children) but not conjusive to relaxing. The spa area was good and we enjoyed the outside Jacuzzi- the inside one wasn't working though. It would also be nice if magazines were provided next to the sunbeds (just a small detail but is always nice)
Dinner- was fabulous, the waiter was very attentive , professional and friendly. The food was outstanding ( strange choice of music however- soft rock!)
Breakfast was delightful - lovely quick service, lots of choice.
The comments I've made are not complaints, but honest feedback. In my opinion, this hotel has the potential to be really good if a little extra effort is made.
One last comment - We were informed that if we wanted a larger room then we would need to pay extra. When we've stayed at a five star hotel in Marlow- with great trip advisor reviews, we were given there "best available" room on check in - to me this proves that the hotel wanted us to have the best stay possible in their hotel ( it cost exactly the same to clean), it made such a good impression on us that it is our favorite hotel!- I don't expect an upgrade but its a very nice
thought that hotel staff want to ensure the guests enjoy their stay.
We may have got a good deal from secret escapes, but we enjoy spa breaks and take many in a year- so setting an good impression is important.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel Sunninghill
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel
- Macdonald Berystede Ascot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashioned in the style of a French chateau, this distinctive hotel is supremely comfortable and offers a host of facilities. Set within landscaped gardens, the hotel is popular for visitors to nearby Ascot Racecourse and LEGOLAND. The Berystede which is also close to Windsor has recently been completely refurbished and now provides an extensive Spa with an 18m swimming pool, rock & infra red saunas, aromatherapy treatment rooms, a state of the art Technogym and a stunning outdoor hydro pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.