“would definately stay again” 4 of 5 stars

You added The White House Quality Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
The White House Quality Bed & Breakfast
33 Elmdon Road | Birmingham, Marston Green, Solihull B37 7BU, England   |
musselburgh
“would definately stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

nothing negative to say about my stay here. quality of room was excellent and staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was great for NEC and airport. I had a large van but parking was no problem. This was great value for what I paid and will definately use again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ebonybo, Owner at The White House Quality Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
Thank you for your review. Whenever you are working at the NEC just give me a ring in advance and I can save a large parking space again for your van in advance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My bedroom was clean, tidy and very comfortable with a lovely en suite bathroom.
In my room there was an internet link [which was very useful for my work] and a television.

For breakfast there was a wide choice of cerials, orange juice, fresh fruit, tea or coffee and a full English fried breakfast.

The location is ideal as The Birmingham NEC and Birmingham International airport are only about two miles away.

I would definitely come here again if i was staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Angelholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have stayed in many places around Birmingham on business trips over the years, and now we have found The White House, we will never look to go anywhere else again. The price was very good value for money, the service excellent, the location is perfect - quiet and peaceful yet near to a truly fantastic restaurant. Our room was so delightful and relaxing, all the home comforts you could wish for and a lot of space. This is really the place to be. Wonderful, thank you Carolyn, for making such an effort with your beautiful house.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
ebonybo, Owner at The White House Quality Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Thank you so much Zara for such a positive and helpful review. It's so nice to meet guests who appreciate all the hard work that goes into making someone's stay comfortable. I look forward to meeting you both again in November 2011.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed two nights while visiting family. The room was not fancy, but was clean and comfortable. The full English breakfast was great and the service was very friendly. We would recommend this spot to anyone needing to be in Birmingham.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
ebonybo, Owner at The White House Quality Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a positive review. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I have listened to your comments and will add a few fancy details to the room. Hope to see you again in the future.
Frankfurt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

The owner was rude from the moment we arrived. We had the solarium room but the odor from the garden was so strong we couldn't enjoy it. The bathtub and curtains had mold on them. The best the shower could do was luke warm. We could hear every step of the people staying above us. Forget trying to sleep in because we could here every time the door to breakfast room opened and closed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
ebonybo, Owner at The White House Quality Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Firstly, the guest requested to bring 2 dogs to show at CRUFTS. I stated that she could bring the dogs but as this was a B&B the dogs were not allowed in the bedroom (not fair on other guests) only the conservatory that was attached to her room. When she arrived with her other friends there was an extra dog which her friend proceeded to take upstairs to her room. I was NOT rude but stated that dogs were not allowed in the rooms and only in the conservatory. This obviously didn't please them but was clearly stated in an email to her.

Secondly, after arriving they all went out for an evening meal and left their dogs in a distressed state. Bearing in mind these dogs were being shown at CRUFTS the next day!! They were out for 2-3 hrs and the dogs howled, barked and cried the whole time. I tried my best to console them but they were in a strange place and wanted their owners. I tried to contact Ms F by mobile to request her to return as the dogs were disturbing my other guests. No reply to mobile. Breeders should show a Duty of Care towards their animals especially if they are showing them!! Upon her return I informed her that her dogs were stressed and had barked the whole time she was out. I was never rude.

Apparently these dogs had won their class for the last 2 years but this year they didn't make the grade and Ms F was obviously not in a good mood as her dogs were not up to standard.

Ms F and her companions, together with her dogs, were allowed full use of the large garden and they sat outside whilst the dogs played. How can a garden smell when it is lawned and full of trees!!! My rooms are not dirty or mouldy. Maybe she did hear other guests this is a house afterall and most doggy people are very happy when CRUFTS is on and are enjoying themselves. I have regular guests who come every year to CRUFTS and they were all very happy and excited.

My guests were not happy about the dogs barking - I hasten to add not because of the noise but because they were disgusted that a breeder would go out and leave her dogs in strange house before showing them. One breeder in particular wanted to have very strong words with Ms F and I had to refrain her from giving Ms F a piece of her mind.

Overall I held no grudges and was helpful and understanding towards this group but she couldn't even say goodbye or thank you.

I will never allow dogs again. I certainly was not rude and Ms F who apparently travels the world with these dogs should be reported to the organisers of dog shows for her lack of Duty of Care towards her dog.

As a last comment, her other companions were polite and friendly and came a thanked me and said goodbye.
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

A friend and I stayed at this b & b when we went to Crufts Dog Show. The owner was very helpful with suggestions for meals and transportation. She fed us a good breakfast. The b & b was clean, comfortable, and safe. We walked to the rail station, and the b & b was one stop from the Crufts venue at the NEC. We took a taxi home in the evening for 5 GBP. The house was in a residential area outside of Birmingham with shops, restaurants, pubs, and a public library close by. We will stay there again if we go to Crufts again.

• Liked — Low price, easy to get to the NEC, pet friendly
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The White House Quality Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!