“The Best of the Yucatan” 5 of 5 stars

Carretera Federal 307 KM 241, Soliman Bay 77780, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Vegetarian, International
Description: Wonderful Palapa Restaurant since 1982 with a pebble floor, mayan sculptures, waterfalls, hammocks, exotic birds, a peaceful garden with a fantastic jungle setting. Excellent Seafood, Authentic Mexican and Yucatecan Cuisine. World Famous "Lalo's Special", a dish made with fresh shrimp, lobster, conch, fish and chicken fajitas is Superb. The ceviche made of fresh fish, shrimp, lobster, conch and lemon is also exceptional. The most relaxing place to laze in a hammock after a delicious feast.
Venice, CA
“The Best of the Yucatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our family party of 5 ate at O & L several times during our recent Yucatan trip, and really loved the food, the atmosphere, and the generous hospitality of Virginia and Oscar. A special treat was two visits with Lala, the young spider monkey that Virginia has adopted. It is indeed a very special authentic place, of which there are few remaining, which is sad to say. Don't miss an opportunity to have a meal there.

• Visited September 2013

89% Recommend
  • Polish first
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellente!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went to Oscar and Lalos as part of a tour (so, I can't speak to pricing as the lunch was included in our tour). We were given star treatment for lunch. Very innovative dishes: carrot soup, seafood salad and an awesome spinach/pineapple/etc drink. We also got a coconut drink, the entree was very good (AMAZING plantains, which I was desperately missing in my trip so far, so I was very excited!!), and 2 desserts that were very good. We got to hang out with Lala the monkey and try a local liquor. It was a fantastic experience and I highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
Milton, Wisconsin, United States
“Worth it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

There were 6 in our group. Oscar & Lalos was highly recommended by our bed & breakfast host - Casa del sol. Everything, our service, drinks, appetizers, meals and ambience was awesome and amazing! The food is fresh, real and delicious! The octopus ceviche is amazing! And I am not an "octopus" person...but I am also not a "sissy la la"! So I tried it, and absolutely loved it! Oscar & Lalos is worth every penny, although our group did not find it over-priced. It is also worth the little bit of a drive to enjoy the fine meal and beautiful setting. The owner, Virginia, was outgoing and fun to chat with! I will definately go back there on my next visit to Playa del Carmen! Don't be fooled if you should drive by - from the highway it isn't impressive....that is saved for the inside and the food! By far the BEST meal in Playa del Carmen!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Since I had never been to this restaurant, I carefully reviewed the menu. I thought the prices were a little higher than the local places we had been going to, but our driver said it was worth the money. So, we stayed. I had the chile relleno and it was out of this world. Probably the best I have ever had. But that wasn't all. My daughter was treated with a special visit from Lala the spider monkey and she was able to spend some one-on-one time with her. This experience was well worth the extra $5-$10 we would have spent elsewhere. The staff and owners are wonderful. The decor is great. Stop by. I know I will be back.

• Visited August 2013
Cancun
“Good but not worth going out of your way for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Pretty good food but food you can find at a lot of other locations along the coast and prices were high. They used to be on the beach where prices were justifiable but their new location in the highway doesn't equate with the prices.

Visited August 2013