“I felt pampered by delightful breakfasts, magical views and a beautiful, modern, clean room.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Amor Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soliman Bay
Casa Amor Del Sol
You added Casa Amor Del Sol to your Saves list
Lote 3A Norte Tankah IV | Paraiso Tankah, Soliman Bay 53546, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Soliman Bay B&B and Inns
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We were looking for a relaxing escape from the cold weather and sadness associated with a recent family death. I went online and read good things about Casa Amor Del Sol. We are so glad we decided to try it! The owners paid attention to detail in this beautiful, modern B&B. I felt like I was completey surrounded by just what I needed, beauty, peace and warmth. Diane's personal touch and art major background came through daily with her home made breakfasts. I took pictures before we ate, so we could remember her colorful creations. They tasted great too! Some of my personal favorite times were the begining and end of the day, often spent in quiet reflection on the rooftop with its 360 degree amazing view for sunrise or stars. I could focus on ocean or jungle, it was all there. We had a wonderful, spa like experience with chairs, two beds and a jacuzzi on that rooftop to complement the awe inspiring view. Each of the two available rooms include thoughtful amenities like small refrigerator, flat screen TV, and private balconies. We enjoyed the refreshing pool, birds and tropical surroundings. Although located just across the street from the beach, the coral and some sharp outcropings were not as user friendly as the much more expensive and crowded Tulum beach area just south of Tankah. We simply drove a few minutes the days we wanted the sand/beach experience. Surprisingly, it wasn't often since our desires and needs were so completely covered where we stayed. Some friends and family questioned our safety going to Mexico. Despite being at a most vulnerable time in my life, I felt as safe as my midwest home thanks to the owners Phil and Diane and the deterring, yet unobtrusive presence of a staffed security station nearby. I can't think of a better place to have gone and will definitely return!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We recently had a wonderful time with our hosts Dianne and Phil. They went beyond our expectations with their friendly service and the breakfast every morning was wonderful. I recommend this bed and breakfast very highly and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

I am hesitant in writing this review because I don't want this place to fill up so I can book a vacation here again! I can honestly say our vacation here was the best experience I have ever had in Mexico. The place is amazing....quiet....romantic....beautiful.....and fun. The owners of Casa Amor del Sol are wonderful people. They provided us with good information about the area, good company, and a great room (with a gourmet breakfast every morning). The location is great (as long as you have a rental car). It is close to several beaches, the town and ruins of Tulum, and Akumal Beach where you can swim with the sea turtles. The bed and breakfast was the highlight of the trip. If you book here, you will get a huge room with a tv, dvd player and lots of CDs to borrow, two terraces (one looking toward the ocean and one toward the jungle - a great sunset view), a refridgerator, room safe, and stairway to a rooftop deck with beds for gazing the stars and a hot tub overlooking the sea. Downstairs, there is a terrace and a little pool right next to the jungle. The bed and breakfast is down a private secure road, and you can walk to two restaraunts, a cenote you can snorkel in, and two bays on the Carribbean. If you are planning a trip to Mayan Riviera, look no further than Casa Amor del Sol!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

We stayed at Casa Amor Del Sol for three nights and would happily have stayed longer. The room was large, airy, and thoughtfully designed. The view from one verandah looked out over jungle and was great for bird-watching; the other looked out over the ocean, and the ocean breeze, great bed, and soft sheets kept us comfortable all night. Though the beach immediate across the road isn't good for walking or swimming, there is a sweet little beach and open-air cenote just down the road. Diane and Phil were great hosts, and their breakfasts kept us filled for most of the day. I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

We stayed at Casa Amor Del Sol for two days in February, as part of a week long trip around the Riviera Maya. The B&B is hosted by Dianne ans Phil, who were just great hosts. They helped us plan our travels, and gave great advice. Dianne's breakfast were absolutely gourmet, among the best we have ever had. There are two very nice guest rooms with decks for the guests both front and back as well as a roof top lounge will sun beds and a hot tub. The location is a little remote, and quiet. This is not a big resort area, but is a good base to explore Tulum, the Biosphere, Coba, etc. The beach accross the street is not good fr swimming, but a 10 minute walk or short drive will get you to one. All in all a great experience.

SLC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

We read all the trip reports and had high expectations. However, Casa Amor del Sol exceeded our expectations in every respect. It was the best place we have ever stayed. I just can't say enough about how good the breakfasts were! Our goal was to relax and this place worked perfectly! I didn't think about work once the whole week. The setting was much more peaceful and beautiful than I was expecting. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the complete lack of light pollution. Lay up on the beds on the roof by the hot tub and see more starts than you have ever seen.

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

We found Casa Amor del Sol in January of 2009, but finally went in February of 2010. I am so happy that we found this treasure! The location is convenient: just a 2 hour drive from the airport in Cancun, yet far removed from all of the hustle and bustle of the tourist district. The views from everywhere on the property are amazing. There is nothing like waking up in the morning to the sound of tropical birds beckoning you to go out and explore! If the windows are open, you can hear the waves rolling up into the beach just a 90 second walk away. If you would rather have the windows closed, you can enjoy tir conditioning in the warmer evenings. Everything catered to my wife and I here: the smells of the pleasant tropical air the sounds of the birds and waves, the feel of the sun, and the taste of Dianne's delicious breakfast.
I truly have already started recommending Casa Amor del Sol to friends and family. I also look forward to going back some day. The only downside was leaving this beautiful bed and breakfast and returning to the cold Mid-Atlantic!
There was nothing like the evenings in the rooftop hot tub with the stars overhead and the sounds of the sea while sipping fresh orange juice and talking the night away! I genuinely wish I was back...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Amor Del Sol? Share your experiences!