We (husband, self and adult daughter) spent three nights here in March. After a rather irritating delay (3.5 hours due to fog) we arrived much later than we had planned to and thus lost a half day. However, this was compensated for by the evening light on the beach and the warm water temperature. The resident managers were away, but there was a caretaker couple who were friendly and welcoming (even when we lost one of the keys and locked ourselves out).
The apartment was very well equipped and everything was spotless. There were many little extras, such as the bathrobes, the picnic basket, and the TV in the bedroom. I do feel that more milk could have been provided though. I note that some reviewers found the lack of service a disadvantage, but this is not advertised as a serviced apartment. Our experience was that management were there when needed - and it is possible to make the bed yourselves!
I have never seen so many BBQs in one place! Each of the 3 pool areas had several of them, and so did each apartment. Ours was on our very own rooftop terrace, with a large table, sun lounges and a great view of the far coastline and hills. The property has a tennis court, an internet lounge, a (fairly basic) gym and a large library with lots of magazines and books to read or swap. There is a lift which services all levels and goes to the underground carpark. The grounds are well-tended with lush tropical plantings
Coolum is an ideal spot, which typefies the laid-back beach culture. It is big enough to cater for most needs, with supermarkets, niche shops and restaurants (Harvest was exceptional), but without the overdevelopment and crowds of its neighbours - yes Noosa, this does mean you are too big and commercialised!) The beach is a long swathe of lovely, firm sand which leads to ideal surfing conditions with not too many dumpers. The water was a warm 24 deg. However, on a couple of days there was some nasty-looking scum on the water. But the sunrise and sunset photos taken by our daughter more than made up for that.
We would definitely stay there again and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone wanting a relaxed holiday in beautiful surrounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 5 STAR accommodation at Coolum Beach, Sunshine Coastcome relax…Designed with you in mind, enjoy the room to relax at Coolum Seaside Resort. Our spacious apartments are fully self-contained and range from one to four bedrooms with studio options also available. We've considered your holiday needs right down to the finest detail. Generous inclusions mean everything you may require is at your fingertips, from bathrobes to BBQ tools, even umbrellas. Whether for your family holiday, romantic getaway or a business trip, these stunning Sunshine Coast Apartments are your home away from home.Here’s more of what you can expect of this beautiful space:- Three heated swimming pools, including lap pool, toddler swim-out & spacious adjoining spas- Private rooftop terraces, balconies & alfresco BBQ areas- Full-size tennis court & air-conditioned gymnasium- Business lounge & reading library- Free WiFi & Foxtel- Lush, tropical, award-winning gardens- Fully compliant disabled apartment- Free secure underground parking & lift access to all floorsgo explore…With just a short stroll, you’ll discover Coolum’s beautiful patrolled beach, boutique stores, and bustling cafes and restaurants. Further afield, you’ll find yourself centrally placed to make the most of the stunning Sunshine Coast’s hinterland, beaches and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Coolum Seaside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coolum Seaside Apartments Hotel Coolum Beach
- Coolum Seaside Apartments Beach